Forum Discussion

gbaisden
Rising Newcomer
2 years ago

HELP! Sims dying and sims having babies

I have a situation with my played sims. I do rotational game play. my sim gets a phone call one of my sims died then I am looking over my households and another has a 3rd child! My sims never die unless I make it happen or they're an elder. Are neighborhood stories causing this? Something is causing havoc in my played households. 😢
  • Check neighborhood stories, as well as gameplay options. In gameplay options you can give Sims a long life span, short, or average. You can also keep aging off the Sims you play, so things like that don't happen.
    for neighborhood stories, I have everything off for my Sims, and have edited some for Sims I don't play, to prevent unwanted things from happening.
  • I always keep my Neighborhood stories off. I love the idea of it but not the implementation of it. I shut it off in the main menu and in the game. If I decide I want another family/npc to have a child or adopt a pet, I will play them for enough time to have that happen then return to my normal rotation.
    gbaisden
    Rising Newcomer
    The fear about extinguishing fire can be deadly. My sim had this fear and conveniently, the stove caught fire not once but twice. She almost died the first time. Level 10 cooking skill and an expensive stove. She has the fear again. I see another stove fire coming. Yes, I have a fire alarm and now she installed the fire prevention system.

gbaisden
    Rising Newcomer
    Neighborhood stories strikes again! So I am switching households and see my sim has adopted 2 kids. I KNOW I set the settings for each household. When I clicked, adoption was checked. So I checked all households and somehow, another house was set for all stories. I'm lucky no one died. Now I'm super paranoid and check NS a lot.