Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Hibernation v sleep

So exactly what is the difference? And how long can you leave a vampire in hibernation? If you are playing a lot of Sims in a household it seems like a good way to park one if management is getting out of hand.
  • I like hibernation. If one vampire needs are super low, I make them hibernate while I get another sim to do stuff (like take care of the plasma tree) and wait until night or even the next day before I wake up then vamp.
  • I usually let My Vamps hibernate while the Butler takes care of the plants, since I have garlic in the green house I made, :)
  • Hmmm makes me think of a nice new story of mine that just came to my mind! I sadly cannot play as much as I wanted right now. The pack came one week too late... Very busy lately and making the mods takes a lot of free time away :(
    BUT the story idea I have is to create an old house, play with human sims and have a vampire hibernating in the basement without stairs to go up, if he has mist or bat form he should be able to go upstairs in the night right? Or does that not wrk without stairs?
    katitjv
    New Spectator
    My vampires always hibernate during the day. That way they don't wake up too early. Also, one of my vampires has fitful sleep weakness on level 2, and I thought it would cause daymeres, but it doesn't seem to. So, I suppose that's because I use hibernate instead of sleep.

I don't think it freezes emotions, though. If one of my vampires has, for example, embarrassed moodlet that lasts two hours, it always goes away during hibernation, if she hibernates longer than the two hours.
  • "Livinity;c-16131944" wrote:
    Why my vampires are waking up from hibernation? They used to stand there until I told otherwise, now they just wake up by themselves for the most mundane reasons ever, like check your toddler...come on :s

That's odd....I have vampires with toddlers and the toddlers will cry to wake them up over and over and over and the vampires will not break hibernation.
  • > @Kirycookie said:
    > Alright, since this seems like the perfect place to comment about hibernation for the vampires, I have a question: I know hibernation freezes their needs and all, but I recently had my vampire woohoo.. a lot, since I recently got the toddlers pack and her kid is already in the child stage; Does hibernation also *freeze* the pregnancy? I heard the little magic chimes and she's been getting a bit nauseous and all, but it's not showing the moodlet for the first trimester yet. I had her go hibernate because it's way too late for sims to be walking around and she has to drink from like 4 people to get her thirst to max- had her hide away because her kid is scared of her (more like horrified) and she's on the she'll attack the next human that's around stage. Long story short: Does hibernation also freeze the pregnancies, or do they continue in progression?

I just checked this out and when a pregnant vampire sim hibernates, the pregnancy continues. I just got all their needs completely filled (except for the energy for obvious reasons) and then put her in hibernation for the rest of the pregnancy. So much easier LOL