Forum Discussion

6 years ago

hidden aspiration?

I was playing my teen vampire and noticed that he had a strange aspiration, Painter, that I couldn't find in the aspiration options...the closest is 'painter extraordinaire' but that has different goals. Has anyone seen this before?

It also awards a trait called 'over achiever.'

• Thank you for your reply and information. This sim is not a townie, he was born to one of my played sims, so I don't know why he would get it.

Thanks again though!
  • My sim had her NPC boyfriend move in and he has the tutorial chef aspiration. New, vanilla game with cleared caches since the latest patch. I skipped the tutorial. No clue if I can find Alex in the world somewhere and I guess he needs a job to fulfill some of his aspiration goals about going to work. I'm curious enough to see where this goes, but this is an odd turn I didn't expect.
  • One of my Sims got the “Grilled Cheese” aspiration around a month ago.. I have never seen it before and I’m really confused.
  • I've had townies with the grilled cheese aspiration show up, even though it was not unlocked to use for an active sim. I always forget about it and neglect trying to unlock it.
  • I went on a fun journey of google search to find out what I stumbled across with a sim I just married to my main sim's daughter. I didn't know if this some was special hidden trait or what... The first step was already done. Nice to know it's not wise to flip off it because of the amazing reward trait. Time to cash in this pony before it's fixed. >:)
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Traveler
    Is is possible to enter a cheat to give a Sim you create (without going through the tutorial) one of the four aspirations to achieve the over-achiever trait without cheating directly to give your Sim the trait? *I hope someone understood that*
  • @sunblond You should unlock it. It's pretty easy. Just have your Sim kill a family serving all by themselves, all at once and you'll get it. The rewards are silly and fun, you get to paint Grilled Cheese on easels and I think you get the ability to cook them at a much higher quality. I know for sure the painting is a throwback to TS2, where if you had the aspiration, that was pretty much the only thing you'd paint on the easels.
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Traveler
    Thank you @kalaksed
    That's too bad. I would've loved the chance to earn the trait using only my Sims.