Forum Discussion

JayandMeeka
Seasoned Newcomer
6 years ago

Homework?

Do you have your child sims do their homework at all? I honestly think homework needs to have more repercussions then adding "responsibility" if you have the parenting pack.

It just doesn't jive with some stories to have a kid who never does their homework do well in school because their skill in communication is high. I think if they come to school without homework finished they should move down in their school performance.

Or is that too much? Thoughts?
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    At times some of my sims children will just do homework autonomously without any persuasion from me.

Hah, in the first sims game bad grades meant your child being sent off to military school. Harsh~

I have had let a teen not do their homework for awhile and just go to school doing the 'normal' pace and their performance did keep going down, but not as harshly as if I had them talking with friends or goofing off. Usually when they're in a bad mood it goes down more.

I kinda would like to see teens able to just drop out of school or just runaway for awhile until it gets remedied by the parent.
  • irl, I find homework to mostly be a waste of time.

The only homework kids should have is a bit of reading, and maybe completing things that weren't completed in class.

As a teen I rarely did homework, and still managed to pass.

Even my tertiary education was low in homework, yet I passed with a distinction.

I feel that the game should reflect this reality. Less homework, not more, and it's relevance to passing should be minimal.
    Teens should be assigned specific books to read.
  • I like it as it currently is. I know it'd be more realistic if performance went down on days that they didn't do their homework, but in terms of gameplay having them do their homework every day gets old fast. I like using homework to get to an A quicker and then being able to ignore it after that. If I have a sim who I want to be a bad or rebellious student I'll usually just have them skip or slack off at school.
  • @LadyKyn, I miss military school! Boarding school as an option in general, for that matter. I'd love to get those things in TS4.

One more thing to put on my wish list...thanks a lot for reminding me....

On thread...my sim kids always do their homework. They aren't allowed supper until it is done. Never knew it didn't have much downside to skip it. Goes really fast in an area that is 'very focused" anyway...so fast I usually don't even notice they did it.
    fruitsbasket100
    Seasoned Adventurer
    There aren't enough consequences in this game so I agree with you OP. It makes it feel like nothing really matters and I don't like that. When I was in school homework counted for half our grade. I rarely did any of my school projects but always did my homework and I passed just fine. Was even on the honor roll most years. So yeah there should definitely be a harsher consequence for not doing homework.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,102 PostsLatest Activity: 49 minutes ago