Forum Discussion

meeshwood
Rising Hotshot
3 years ago

Hotel Vibes

The neutral swatches in the new kit are giving me serious hotel lobby vibes.

It could be wishful thinking but maaaaaybe a hotel pack is on the way...
    Horrorgirl6
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "12JEREMIA;c-18129958" wrote:
    I hope they’ll add a Caribbean-inspired world if we’re getting hotels

With Caribbean food.
  • "catloverplayer;c-18129789" wrote:
    I think the Sims Team are hinting here hotels are coming soon
    https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/status/1537141136329932803?s=20&t=r6Cslbfg8K-n103IhDVyaQ

That's a lot of wishful thinking going on there.

Ever noticed the gas station decorations in the worlds?

Still no cars.
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    "DaWaterRat;c-18102649" wrote:
    Not that I'd mind hotels at all, but I'm kinda curious how people expect them to work.

I didn't play 3, but I've watched a couple let's plays using 3, and it looked to me like the guests just vanished into a rabbit hole, which, imo, kinda nullifies the point of building cool amenities for the hotel. Yes, you can still build them, but if they don't get used, it's kinda boring.

On the other hand, there's only so much room and so many sims that can be on a given lot/neighborhood (I think it's like 20-ish) in sims 4, so there's also less incentive to build a large, complex resort if there's only going to be a handful of sims staying there using a variant of the roommate system.

But however they're done, I hope that people who want Hotels in Sims 4 get them.

My recollection is that it was sort of a rabbithole, for unplayed sims, if you were playing the owner (though not a rabbithole in the sense of something like the schools, move theater, etc.; you could actually see all the rooms in a hotel. However, you could also use the hotel as a guest if your sim was not the owner, and they were fully functional.
  • "Amapola76;c-18131375" wrote:
    Not that I'd mind hotels at all, but I'm kinda curious how people expect them to work.

I didn't play 3, but I've watched a couple let's plays using 3, and it looked to me like the guests just vanished into a rabbit hole, which, imo, kinda nullifies the point of building cool amenities for the hotel. Yes, you can still build them, but if they don't get used, it's kinda boring.

On the other hand, there's only so much room and so many sims that can be on a given lot/neighborhood (I think it's like 20-ish) in sims 4, so there's also less incentive to build a large, complex resort if there's only going to be a handful of sims staying there using a variant of the roommate system.

But however they're done, I hope that people who want Hotels in Sims 4 get them.

My recollection is that it was sort of a rabbithole, for unplayed sims, if you were playing the owner (though not a rabbithole in the sense of something like the schools, move theater, etc.; you could actually see all the rooms in a hotel. However, you could also use the hotel as a guest if your sim was not the owner, and they were fully functional.

The hotel in TS3 was basically a bed in a community lot, there was no concierge, no room service like in TS2, and your bed was yours only as long as you slept in it, next night you had to find another free bed on the lot.
  • I seriously doubt it. But a hotel pack would be cool. Unfortunately however, if the sims was planning on adding hotels to the game, they probably would have already included it with the island paradise pack.
  • I really want this to happen. It would make me play sims 4 again. I prefer 3 just now
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer

• "Simmerville;c-18102656" wrote:

TS3 had a rabbit hole hotel system, but TS2 had the real thing with check in desk, room service and rent per room. It was more fun to build the hotels though, because just as with restaurants and shops, you can make quite unique hotels. Spa hotel? Wedding hotel? Conference? Exotic holiday? Glam top notch hotel? In TS2 you could easily create sections that would be one unit for renting. It was quite amusing, but it's been too long to remember it all :)

THAT is what I would be hoping for, that they'd function similar to how TS2's were. But I just remember how quickly the needs would go down and I constantly used had this cheaty ficus tree that I always placed in all of my houses so i could just click it and fill their needs quickly and I ALWAYS forgot to edit the hotel lots to add one to them so I felt like all I'd ever get done while on vacation was run around eating food and going pee or ending my activity cause my sim needed to sleep.

SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    We've had Hotel hints many times, so I would have to actually see the facts of it before I start thinking it's going to be in Sims 4.