Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
10 months ago

How Can I have My Residential Rental Owner Also Live In?

I have been scouring the Internet, and either I'm not wording it correctly, but I can't seem to find a proper answer. My idea is to have my Sim purchase a small apartment complex (4 units, only) but I also want her to live in the first unit. What sort of magic wand must I wave to allow this to happen? I've tried to have her purchase the entire complex, but then it has a drop down for her to fill the vacancy on each unit. The only answer the rather useless AI gives is to have the Sim be on the property and change the lot designation to Residential Rental. It already has that designation. So, I keep going around in circles.

Can someone, please, tell me what I must do?

Thank you.
    bandit34
    Seasoned Traveler
    You move in a rental and can be the landlord i have some sims who live in the rental apt and they are the landlord. has to be a played sim i think the landlord.
    rlc77
    Seasoned Observer
    I just did this. I had my sim buy the rental lot. Then I had them move, using the phone, to one of the apartments.
  • "RedShoe7;c-18341767" wrote:
    I just did this. I had my sim buy the rental lot. Then I had them move, using the phone, to one of the apartments.

Thank you. One article I read said something about the phone being involved. When I get back into gameplay, I'll set things in motion, as I'd planned. Have to write up the chapter, first, though, lest my brain let's it go, and RL distracts me too much. :)
    rlc77
    Seasoned Observer
    "GalacticGal;c-18341924" wrote:
    "RedShoe7;c-18341767" wrote:

Thank you. One article I read said something about the phone being involved. When I get back into gameplay, I'll set things in motion, as I'd planned. Have to write up the chapter, first, though, lest my brain let's it go, and RL distracts me too much. :)

The process of moving my sims was easy. Once you buy the rental property, you move household through the phone or manage households, just like you always have.

Good luck with your chapter.

• @RedShoe7 Thank you, if I can ever get to the writing of it! I'm still going through the plethora in my email box!