Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How do I play the game?

How do I get started? There seems to be no instructions on how to send your Sim there. I also noticed the new clothing does not show up in CAS. I have not checked the buy/build items.
  • "FrogPrince;d-936552" wrote:
    How do I get started? There seems to be no instructions on how to send your Sim there. I also noticed the new clothing does not show up in CAS. I have not checked the buy/build items.

To send your Sim to the vacation world in Jungle Adventures, start on your phone and select the Vacation option. You then choose which vacation spot to rent, and how long.

The new clothes should be showing in CAS regardless.
  • "gailm118;c-16371051" wrote:
    I got to the jungle and chose a lodging. But I can only go from there to the bar or museum. Can't go to Marketplace, temples or jungle. What no?

The marketplace isn't a separate lot - it's in the public space outside the bar. To get to the temples or jungle, go to the map again and to the trailhead. That's your entrance point.
  • "gailm118;c-16371866" wrote:
    Okay. I went to the trailhead. I can grill, take a shower, dig and survey in my immediate area, but that's it. Thanks for the help member luthienrising, but is there someone who can help me? I've spent thousands of dollars on Maxis Sims, Pogo membership over 10 years, and now Origin. Don't those of us who spend all this money deserve some consideration. Before posting here in two different places, I watched tutorials and spent hours Googling. I'm getting frustrated. I bought the pack nearly a week ago, and I still can't play it.

Look for this vine-covered gate and a yellow warning sign just by the trailhead, also near a public restroom:

https://i.imgur.com/G7ZBA71.png

Breaking through this gate either with a machete in your inventory or their hands will begin your adventure into the jungle.
  • Paradiseplanet, thanks so much! I'm being bitten by spiders, but I'm in the jungle. Never would have thought of that on my own. I have all rhe jungle cheats, but still need Jungle Adventure for Dummies. Thans again.

Mylita
    New Spectator
    @FrogPrince, you open the map by typing M. You start at the trail head and use the arches that you clear to work your way through the map. You're right, this isn't like TS3's WA. WA was one of my favorite TS3 EPs. But I am enjoying this game pack, I don't find it hard to navigate. Here's a link to a thread that might help you with that.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935987/selvadorada-omiscan-jungle-map-in-progress/p1

Yes, you can buy food or make sack lunches to take with you or bring some harvested food with you.

Mylita
  • Sims VIP has a Jungle Adventure Game Guide out -- might have some spoilers so tread carefully but if you really run into issues you might want to check it out: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-jungle-adventure-guide/

I see you got the clothing issues sorted out -- if you download the pack from within the game, often you have to exit and reload to get the CAS and Build/Buy items to click in.
  • I got to the jungle and chose a lodging. But I can only go from there to the bar or museum. Can't go to Marketplace, temples or jungle. What no?
  • Okay. I went to the trailhead. I can grill, take a shower, dig and survey in my immediate area, but that's it. Thanks for the help member luthienrising, but is there someone who can help me? I've spent thousands of dollars on Maxis Sims, Pogo membership over 10 years, and now Origin. Don't those of us who spend all this money deserve some consideration. Before posting here in two different places, I watched tutorials and spent hours Googling. I'm getting frustrated. I bought the pack nearly a week ago, and I still can't play it.
  • "luthienrising;c-16370244" wrote:
    "FrogPrince;d-936552" wrote:

To send your Sim to the vacation world in Jungle Adventures, start on your phone and select the Vacation option. You then choose which vacation spot to rent, and how long.

The new clothes should be showing in CAS regardless.

Thank you for your help. As for the clothing, when I shut down the game and started it again it appeared. This game is hard to navigate but I did get two brothers to find lodging near the market. They have completed one day and hopefully I can get them in the jungle tomorrow. How do you get back to the map or is it all trial and error. Can they buy food to take with them. I thought this game would be like Egypt in World Adventures but it is not and I am terribly disappointed. Thanks again for your help.
  • Mylita: Thank you so much. I have copied the thread. Never in a 100 years would I have thought of simply typing M to find the maps. Good thing there are players like you that share their knowledge. I allowed my brothers 3 days for the vacation but I think it is going to takemuch longer.