Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How do kelpto sims steal

I know it sounds like a stupid question I have this kelpto sim and I try to make him steal in a community lot but I can't figure out how to do that? Do I just click on an object and there should be a steal option or ?? Thanks
  • > @EmmaVane said:
    > Yes, but there are some caveats:
    >
    > * You have to start off stealing small decorative items and work up as your Mischief skill increases.
    > * You can't steal a surface with something on it.
    > * You can't steal items deemed necessary to life.
    > * And I don't think you can steal anything that would render a venue incomplete.

Thanks, i already stole 6 Lamps in a row without getting caught >:)
  • I wish they stole "copies" of objects so that the originals come back when you reload the lot. I can't be bothered replacing everything in build mode.
  • You can work around this by having a klepto club.

Make 'swipe objects' one of the club activities and no matter what level mischief your sim has, he/she will be able to steal the bigger more expensive items.

As for items to steal, I usually plant lots of extra items at any venue my klepto club hits. Things like large sculptures, expensive tv's and computers, musical instruments (there is a 15000 simolean violin) and paintings. I make it realistic for example if it's a bar I would put some stuff in a storeroom or in a corner of the bathroom. That way it is easier not to get caught too. Von haunt Estate is one of their favourite target as well as the museums and libraries. They rarely hit other sims' homes.

Your sim also does not have to be a klepto for this to work. But it will only work while in a club gathering.
  • "jimbbq;d-878850" wrote:
    I know it sounds like a stupid question I have this kelpto sim and I try to make him steal in a community lot but I can't figure out how to do that? Do I just click on an object and there should be a steal option or ?? Thanks

If memory serves me correctly I think its a mischief action that they can do if they have a high enouggh mischief level. However, I am so used to using mods for this with non-klepto sims and its been a while since I've had a klepto in the game. I know I can redo townies and make them kleptos but no I like randomness.
  • Hey folks,

Quick reminder - please check how recent a thread is when posting. This thread was last active in February 2016, that's almost 2 and a half years old! I've closed it and would ask folks be mindful of our necroposting rule, but feel free to join in conversations elsewhere.

Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.