Forum Discussion

RouenSims
Seasoned Rookie
6 years ago

How Do You Display Ceilings?

I've seen all these comments and pictures about ceilings in the Sims 4, but I've never once even seen a ceiling in my game! It doesn't matter whether walls are all the way up or not, there are still no ceilings, just open sky. Is this because I play on Mac, or is there some secret ceiling setting somewhere?
  • When the create a room in BB it should automatically cover the room above. Though there is a “place a room” in the walls selection and that allows to add flooring above a room, creating a ceiling. Can’t get in game right to see what’s in called, but the icon is a box with arrows around it.
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    Thank you @SelinaKyles. I can't even see ceilings for houses that came with the game.
  • You can see ceilings in first-person mode. Hit Shift+Tab to toggle it on/off.
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    You can also see ceilings in cinematic mode, just hit tab and play around with the wasd and q and e keys.
    Not that there's much to see, ceilings are white by default.
  • If you scroll all the way in when walls are fully up in live mode you can see the ceiling.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 36 minutes ago