Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How do you edit the weather settings for each individual world?

I used to have mods that set things like average high and low temps by season. They did the same for precipitation types and chances and set a percentage chance of the various cloud cover types. I don't want to do away with seasons but I want to have more control over the weather in each world for storytelling purposes. For example, in one story I'm merging San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley together to form a single bigger world to act like a Sims LA/Hollywood. San Myshuno's default winter with freezing temps and snow breaks that immersion and would wreck screenshots. What programs would I need if I want to edit the weather files myself? The old mods I have no longer work properly and I can't find updates, and I think it would be fun to edit them myself to get everything exactly as I want for my stories.
  • I think Carl's Seasons mod does something similar - I don't have it, so I'm not sure, but it might give you a starting point.
  • I use Weather Realism Overhaul & Better Seasonal Changes by Discord. Otherwise I Googled how to mod sims 4 weather and came across this Sims4Studio thread from 2020: https://sims4studio.com/thread/22653/start-modding-weather-seasons
  • @WildIrishBanshee I looked at Carl's Seasons mod and that will definitely work. It's not perfect but it will give me the weather I want while I learn how to make my own weather mod. Thank you so much for mentioning his mod.?
  • Interesting, I might look into that mod. I've turned off rain and thunderstorms for now.
  • I didn't know we could do hat, thanks! Not that I ever wanted to adjust the weather settings, but it's great to know there are ways. For now I just use the UI Cheat to change the weather in case I need a different day for whatever I'm up to.
  • "SimplyJen;c-18211241" wrote:
    I use Weather Realism Overhaul & Better Seasonal Changes by Discord. Otherwise I Googled how to mod sims 4 weather and came across this Sims4Studio thread from 2020: https://sims4studio.com/thread/22653/start-modding-weather-seasons

I wondered if S4S might be able to modify the weather tuning files. The walkthrough in their forum sounds a lot like the sort of thing I was looking for. I guess you could say I'm looking to make my own specific weather mod.

"WildIrishBanshee;c-18211227" wrote:
    I think Carl's Seasons mod does something similar - I don't have it, so I'm not sure, but it might give you a starting point.

I'll have to check that one out too. Thank you for mentioning it.?