Forum Discussion

catloverplayer
Seasoned Ace
10 years ago

How do you get the satisfaction point cheat to work?

I'm typing in sims.give_satisfaction_points #points and testing cheats on before that and I still can't get over 1900 points for my sim I put 2500 in the cheat.
  • I believe that they said the you had to enter add buff cheat before you enter sims.give_satisfaction_points in order to get this cheat to work. :\
  • Just gave it a shot, no buff needed. Just double check and make sure you didn't make a mistake in typing. :)

Working:

testingcheats on (gives you a confirmation message.)

Edit: The cheat console seems to not always work. If you don't get a message from the above cheat or points added to your Sim after the one below, close/re-open the console and try again.

sims.give_satisfaction_points 2500

Er, and also make sure you're controlling the Sim you want to have the points added to.
  • "catloverplayer;13283370" wrote:
    Do you know the buff I need to enter?

Sorry cat, I don't. But from what TheGreenLion is saying, you don't need the buff cheat. TheGreenLion said that you just make sure that your spelling is correct, and then you double click. Plus have testingcheats true activated. :)

• "TheGreenLion;13283413" wrote:
    Just gave it a shot, no buff needed. Just double check and make sure you didn't make a mistake in typing. :)

Working:

testingcheats on (gives you a confirmation message.)

Edit: The cheat console seems to not always work. If you don't get a message from the above cheat or points added to your Sim after the one below, close/re-open the console and try again.

sims.give_satisfaction_points 2500

Er, and also make sure you're controlling the Sim you want to have the points added to.

Thanks I'll try that but I think I remember doing it like that. I hope the Feb Patch didn't break it.

• It's possible CLP, I fiddled with it some more too and even closing the console didn't always work but going to Manage Worlds and back seemed to get it working again. If THAT doesn't work you can always try saving, quitting to the Main Menu and re-loading. Something is definitely up with those two cheats or the console...or all of the above. :\
  • If it's patch related I'll need to file a bug report. As soon as I can I'll do some testing but I'm unfortuanly not around the pc now.
  • Ok, so I know this is probably months old but I'm playing on PC and I keep typing in the cheat box. I tryed: sims.give_satisfaction_points# and give_satisfaction_points# I keep trying other things but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any help?
    Sketch793
    Rising Veteran
    testingCheats on
    sims.give_satisfaction_points 30

Leave a space between the cheat and the number. You have to use testingCheats first.