Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How does the community feel about TS4 chance cards?

A while back, I created a thread suggesting that maybe the ignore button could come back to TS4 chance cards, or at least give us the choice to enable/disable them in the options menu. It was met with mostly approval, but I got to thinking lately. How does the community in general feel about TS4 chance cards? Do you like them, or do you not like them? Is there room for improvement on them?

Personally, I am not a fan. The decision to remove the ignore button has always been completely baffling to me. Not only that, but they're super repetitive and are often very mean-spirited. There's this one particularly infamous chance card that children can get during school. It's one of THOSE cards, too. You know, the type of card where BOTH choices have a chance of being wrong. If you pick the option to turn the test in without correcting the mistake, the teacher can notice and single the child out in front of the whole class. And if you pick the option to confess the mistake, the teacher can chew them out and make them do it over during recess. There's also another card where I think your kid forgets an assignment. Giving the kid an F is understandable, but doing so "with glee?" That's just wrong! It's times like this where I wish that teachers were townies that you could invite over, enclose in a 1x1 room, and starve until they die in a puddle of their own pee.

Supposedly, there are even chance cards that can insult the player for trying to pick the "safe" option. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I haven't come across any of these myself yet, but nonetheless, not cool!

What does everyone else think, though?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 17 seconds ago