Forum Discussion

3 years ago

How I feel towards the majority of anti-occult players

Alright, this post isn't meant to attack anyone who's anti occult or doesn't want fantasy aspects in their game but I just want to address some major point the majority of them make when they tell us to play fantasy games instead of the sims.

1. The reason I play the sims is because it allows me to do things the majority of most games don't allow me to do. You can create houses, create people give them jobs raise a family. Design what they look like, go to college, etc. Name me one other game that reciprocates that. Exactly just the sims, and what's wrong if I want to incorporate some fantasy aspects into it. Maybe I'd like a family full of werewolves who are athletes or fairies who are gardeners, how about a spellcaster who is an evil scientist as well?

2. "why do you want dark things like werewolves, zombies, etc in the game anyway" Well I don't see why not, real life is just as dark if not darker and who said they need to be dark or scary? I wouldn't mind some goofy sim friendly zombies in my game who eat faux vegan brain substitutes.(I'm vegan btw) We're not asking for blood and gore in the game lmao.

3. "I don't want fantasy stuff in my life simulation game" That's perfectly fine believe me as someone who's an occult enjoyer even I get annoyed at seeing ghosts who just died calling my sim on the phone every 15 minutes to inform me they became best friends with Bob Pancakes. What's the solution to this you may ask? Simple don't buy occult packs if you don't want fantasy in your game so let us have that werewolf, fairy and dragon gamepack sometime in the future EA. Or at least create a toggle to delete all fantasy aspects of the game for those who don't want it.

My purpose of this post isn't to attack those who don't like occult stuff for the sims, but to express why those of us want it, Skryim, WOW, none of those games allow us to do things we can do in the sims. The majority of us just want a cuddly werewolf and pretty fairy family to play with.
  • I thought Get to Work would add cars. It made sense as you went to work with your Sim. When I found out they were not included I didn’t buy it.
    I dislike the teleportation of regular jobs where Sims stand outside and vanish. To get a loading screen following my Sim to their active job didn’t appeal.

I don’t mind occults. I prefer real life play but I got Vampires and they haven’t been too much. I’ve only got one mermaid, Nalani since Island Living a few months back. Where are the others?

My concern with TS4 is the fragment division. One pack for werewolves another for fairies. Would we get a ‘main’ pack then other items in another pack or a kit? ???‍♂️.

In TS3 there was an alchemy store? I would like something like that and your non occult Sims have to research the supernatural to start down that path. I would like it harder to convince an occult Sim to turn you.