Forum Discussion

iliekponiez
New Novice
7 years ago

How often do new townies spawn?

Aside from events like alien night at the bar, how often do townies spawn during everyday play? I don't like culling and I'm worried that if they keep spawning the game will start deleting sims.
  • "agustd;c-16586324" wrote:
    They spawn whenever you visit a public lot.

I'm not sure if it's the same for every player, but my game generates about 4-6 new sims whenever I visit a public venue despite my bin being full of townies I created myself or downloaded :| Wish there was a way to stop it.

There doesn't seem to be any solution but to constantly delete the new sims, I do that.

I know what you mean. My game does the same. I wish there was a way to stop it from doing that and just use the sims Ive already created.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-16593033" wrote:
    You can place the stay animals in a household, they don't even have to be in the household you are actively playing, and you will still see them out and about. Yes if you click on the heart at the bottom they will not never deleted, ever. You can do this for the strays as well, and also any homeless sims you don't want deleted. Plus you can also set up the number of sims you have in game (little heart that are clicked) before the game will delete anyone. The choices are 80, 150, 200, or unlimited. The only ones that will be deleted will be those who you have not clicked the heart on.

Thanks! But I don't have to put the heart on the ones that are already in households right? Like the Goth family for example.
  • "TravisBlackfox;c-16593981" wrote:
    "Jordyn78988;c-16593119" wrote:
    "TravisBlackfox;c-16592946" wrote:
    Ok forgive me because I'm a dork, but if I click the heart on the bottom they move into my households? Does that mean they won't ever get deleted? What if I left them where they are in the other slot? I'd like to move a lot of these people into homes or apartments, but the money thing is so annoying :( Plus the strays. I love a few of them that are always a joy to see roaming around like that mayor cat and this cute dog with a sweater named Joey. If I put them in my households does that mean they won't ever go back outside again?

What do you mean by "the money thing?" You can use the freerealestate on cheat so that you can move them without it costing money.

Ah I did not know that! I'll have to try! Thanks!

No problem :blush:
  • "kalaksed;c-16594764" wrote:
    the current max sim count before sims start getting culled is ...675, i think (i know seasons added 100 to the max count).

But that's only if you have your max at "unlimited," right? Or am I just confused? (This feature is difficult to understand, haha)
  • "kalaksed;c-16595489" wrote:
    here's a thread that attempts to explain everything about culling: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status/p1

Thank you, @kalaksed :) I've seen this thread before, but I guess I didn't read it closely enough, haha. I understand better now :blush:
  • "Cinebar;c-16595928" wrote:
    "agustd;c-16586324" wrote:
    They spawn whenever you visit a public lot.

I'm not sure if it's the same for every player, but my game generates about 4-6 new sims whenever I visit a public venue despite my bin being full of townies I created myself or downloaded :| Wish there was a way to stop it.

There doesn't seem to be any solution but to constantly delete the new sims, I do that.

Are you sure it's just community lots? I thought there was a thread about they spawn each time a Sim goes through any loading screen. (Like visiting neighbors etc.) Or the festivals or whatever.

Well, that's true I guess, since a loading screen only appears when you travel somewhere there are supposed to be people.

So I guess even if you send your sim to visit a friend on a private home lot, the game will generate brand new sims to be the passerbys on the street :/
  • "iliekponiez;d-943752" wrote:
    Aside from events like alien night at the bar, how often do townies spawn during everyday play? I don't like culling and I'm worried that if they keep spawning the game will start deleting sims.

I create large households to not be played for that reason.