Forum Discussion

4 years ago

How satisfied are you with the Spa Day refresh?

• I'm globally satisfied, but... forgeting to remove the gloves of a sim recieving a manucure/socks for the pedicure... really?
  • I was never a fan of the pack to begin with the theme just isn’t really my thing.
    But I do think this is a step in the right direction. I love that they added the ability to become the yoga instructor and such. I never seen a reason to lvl up that skill before. Now if only they give us the ability to buy multiple lots I can make my own spa.
  • I feel like there could've been a bit more added, but overall I'm happy with it.
  • Feeling mixed emotions about it. I love all the new items that are available from a build/buy perspective and I was able to build a beautiful spa, however its mostly unusable for my sims. The new interactions in my game seem somewhat bugged, for example a simple manicure/pedicure takes multiple (5+) hours to complete. I would definitely enjoy the gameplay more without these issues. Hoping for some updates coming soon to fix these bugs, as I am not sure how to accomplish that on my own.
  • I have the pack. The refresh added a few things but a lot of the previous version issues are still in this upgrade. it hasn't been much of an upgrade after going through it honestly.

- You still got sims who won't stay on the bed and complete their massage. instead they want to do something else a few moments before it ends, fail to get the massage buff and waste simoleons in the process.
    - NPC sims are still fighting over the services of npc massage staff.
    - Sims that come to visit or part of the spa staff are always in a bad or mildly bored mood. You shouldn't expect your first experience in the spa to be a bad one because your massage therapist is angry.
    - If you have spa stuff in a gym, the yoga instructor and gym trainer can be given a massage or give a massage, but they are at work, they shouldn't be doing anything of the sort.
    - Sometimes an NPC massager is standing at the chair and once your sim asks for a massage the NPC massager doesn't move and i have to manually reset the sim in order for massager to do their thing the next time i order a massage, also simoleons are wasted.
    - NPC Sims that at taking yoga lessons from an instructor shouldn't distract themselves out of it.
    - NPC sims that mediate shouldn't be aware of what is going on around them since they should be so focused on their mediation. this means if another sim is levitating, the other sims in mediation shouldn't notice them at all.
    - There are times where the spa is still devoid of staff besides the yoga instructor, assuming there is a yoga area with an instructors mat.
    - Sims still don't come in to the spa facility from 10:30pm -5:00am.
    - Sims are not using the massage chairs in gyms.

That's just some of the issues that are still hanging around.
  • I've not really played any of the new features so I don't feel like I can form much of an opinion about it but I am glad that EA are upgrading some of the existing content and I will be interested to see if they upgrade any of the other packs.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,070 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago