Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
7 years ago

How to do school homework when book is gone?

My teen has no book in her inventory, and I've looked everywhere on the lot. She has been a teen for some time, and I'm pretty sure she did do her homework earlier. I thought she could do homework on her pc, but did not find any option. Is there a way other than the book?

Is there a chance she will get the book again?
  • Buy one from the bookshelf, its 1 simoleon. My kids lose theirs all the time.
  • What I do when this happens to my sims, is use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat and just buy the book from buy mode (I think it only costs one simoleon), then put it in the inventory of the sim who's homework disappeared. My sims have always been able to resume doing their homework like normal after that. Just have to make sure you're getting the right school book for the right age.

Edit: didn't realize you could get it from the shelf. That's much easier than the way I've been doing it!
  • "Simmerville;c-16750937" wrote:
    Ah, thanks a lot! I had no idea I could retrieve it that easily!

My kids would always lose their homework, and so I thought "nice one dummy, looks like you have to work extra hard at school to keep those grades up." Then I happened across the textbooks as I was browsing for books. Well, i guess I'm the dummy now. Haha
  • I usually purchase 3-4 per child of the homework books for grade school and for high school in the bookshelf, leave one of each in the bookshelf and put the other 3 in the child's personal inventory. I do this for each child (Ya, just said that. Sorry...). This way it's unlikely they will misplace/loose them all (don't think that's ever happened for me when doing this), and they can just whip it out and do homework wherever they are - even if not at home. I just open their personal inventory, click on one of the homework books and choose 'Do Homework'. They then go to wherever in the house they would like to do their homework and sit down and whip it out. :)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 9 minutes ago