Forum Discussion

4 years ago

How to make debug Mother Plant functional?

Hello, I'd really love to have my own pet Mother Plant but I can't seem to interact with her no matter what I do. I am talking about the Mother Plant from the debug menu, not the one in the Secret Lab. I know that one is tied to the story and you have to progress through the plot to unlock her and yadda yadda. I'm uh... a little obsessed with StrangerVille, lol. I love it so much.

I have placed the pit, the bottom portion of the plant and the top part properly from what I can tell; the catalogue description instructs to place the mother directly in the centre of the pit in order to use her which I have done. I have also placed the platform exactly the way it's placed in the Secret Lab. The Mother Plant moves and I can click on her to interact with her but my Sims route fail every time I select an option on her.

There must be a way to make her functional if the devs gave us instructions on how to place and use her, right?

Here is a picture of her in my replica Secret Lab I built for storytelling purposes (since you can't go into build/buy on the original lot to place down teleporters for poses, I needed a replica lot to take my storytelling shots). She looks exactly the same as the way she's set up in the real Secret Lab, no?

https://i.ibb.co/QD74Yj5/03-07-21-10-06-08-PM.png
  • It has been a while, but I was playing a save once that was like a survival of the fittest type thing and I just put the mother plant on the ground and sims could interact with it - killed several of them that tried to fight it! Don't really remember if all the interactions were there, but they could certainly fight it.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    Well it is Strangerville. They don't call the town Strange for nothing. Lol :D
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Have you tried removing the vines around the platform? I think those are listed as a carpet, but given the height of them, they might still block a sim.
  • "MDianaSims;c-17829914" wrote:
    Have you tried removing the vines around the platform? I think those are listed as a carpet, but given the height of them, they might still block a sim.

That can't be the issue. They are carpets, so not seen as obstructions by Sims, plus this is a meticulous replica of the default lab: the floor vines are in the exact same spots in the default lab as they are here and the default Mother Plamt is functional. Also, my Sims can walk right over the vines and up onto the platform; they just can't actually interact with the Mother Plant.
  • "AprilDawn;c-17830087" wrote:
    It has been a while, but I was playing a save once that was like a survival of the fittest type thing and I just put the mother plant on the ground and sims could interact with it - killed several of them that tried to fight it! Don't really remember if all the interactions were there, but they could certainly fight it.

You just placed the top part on the ground without the pit or the platform? I have done that before but she looks very small and underwhelming that way, lol. Maybe I will remove the platform and see if they can interact with her from that side of the pit without the platform in the way? Strange that they need the platform in the Secret Lab to interact with her, but can't use it to interact with her anywhere else...

• @Ashleigh825 Just plopped her on the ground! Found the old save and yeah - can communicate and fight

https://i.imgur.com/4wX0TwE.png
  • "AprilDawn;c-17830457" wrote:

@Ashleigh825 Just plopped her on the ground! Found the old save and yeah - can communicate and fight

https://i.imgur.com/4wX0TwE.png

That's a bummer if that's the only way she functions. :( She doesn't look very big and impressive without the pit under her.

lanlynk
    New Spectator
    Can you enlarge her with shift-right bracket keys?