Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
3 years ago

How to make summoned sims stay?

Not sure where to post this...

I recorded a scene for my next Simmerville Show video, it required lots of sims. I used the "teleport any sim here", set all world's needs to FULL and NON-DECADING. I also gave each sim a looped animation pose to keep them busy. Free will was turned OFF.

Still, they all left the location after only a few seconds. Why do they walk away when free will is off, all their needs should be green and they were told to do an animation? I managed to capture a few seconds only, which is a minimum to what I wanted, but I wonder if I should have done this differently?
  • I don't have enough information here, such as the number of Sims or if they are all directly controlled in the family versus if some are NPCs. Also if you are using a mod to break the eight sim cap.

Without this information, my educated guess is you broke the hard lot cap. At that point the game will not spawn any new sims on the map and it will try to clear the NPCs.

Assuming it isn't a mod thing, of course, be it a conflict or a new update necessary. Given the principle of occam's razor, usually if you have mods and issues it is this.
  • The default limit of sims on lot and in zone is 20.

If you had more than that then try adjusting the number in MCCC or using some other mod that increases the number of sims allowed at any one time.

To set max sims in loaded neighbourhood (including sims on current lot):

MCCC > Population > Other Settings > Maximum Sims In Zone

https://apps.klingondragon.uk/mccc_menu/?menu=MCCC_MC%20Population_Other%20Settings_Maximum%20Sims%20In%20Zone

There's another setting for lots that changes the maximum allowed sims by venue type. Changing these settings are good if you want busier nightclubs, quieter libraries etc.
  • Ah, thanks both! I did not know there was a 20 sims limit. This was an audience counting 20, and there were probably about 7 more sims on the lot that did not really need to be there. Next time I'll try 20 :)
  • Hi @EmmaVane What does "in zone" mean? Does it include neighborhood terrain?

I've had similar issues (for large social events, not for anything screenshot specific and not with mods). I got frustrated that it was so hard to keep a big group present at Myshuno Meadows. It was under 20. But if "in zone" includes the neighborhood terrain around the lot then that could explain it. There are always plenty of walkbys walking around out there even if they don't come onto the Myshuno Meadows lot.
  • "mightysprite;c-18128662" wrote:
    Hi @EmmaVane What does "in zone" mean? Does it include neighborhood terrain?

I've had similar issues (for large social events, not for anything screenshot specific and not with mods). I got frustrated that it was so hard to keep a big group present at Myshuno Meadows. It was under 20. But if "in zone" includes the neighborhood terrain around the lot then that could explain it. There are always plenty of walkbys walking around out there even if they don't come onto the Myshuno Meadows lot.

Yes. Zone includes the current lot and surrounding space (walkbys etc). The one for lots, just includes those actually on the lot.