Forum Discussion

3 years ago

How to move a household between saves

So the Watson family got culled from the save I am playing and I want them back.

How do I move them from another save to the one I am playing?
  • Follow these steps:

1. In the game where the Watson household exists, go to Manage Worlds.
    2. Click the "Manage Households" button in the upper right corner.
    3. Scroll through until you find the Watson household.
    4. Select the Watson household and click the button that looks like a pencil, to take their household into CAS.
    5. From within CAS with the Watson household, click the button in the top right corner that looks like Folder with a downward pointing arrow, to save the household.
    6. In the Household save window that pops up, click the button in the lower right corner to "Save Household to My Library"
    7. Exit CAS, then Exit Game to Main menu
    8. Load your main Save game. (The one where the Watsons are missing)
    9. When the save is loaded, but before you actually select a household to play, you are in the Manage Worlds overview. Go to the World where you want to move the Watsons in.
    10. Click the lightbulb Icon in the top right corner to Open the Gallery.
    11. With the gallery open, go to the "My Library" tab if it doesn't open to that tab.
    12. Locate the Watson family you previously saved to your library (in step 6 above). If you use CC and mods, you may need to click the filter to "Include custom content" to see them.
    13. Click the Watson family household in your Library and then click the button in the lower right corner to "Place Household"
    14. Click the lot you want to move them in to and then click the button in the bottom right corner to confirm.

That's it, you're done. If you aren't going to actually play them, go back to manage worlds and then Manage Households and mark them as "Unplayed'. Leave them in your "My Households" rather than "other households" though if you want to make sure they don't get deleted automatically by the game at any point in the future again.

If you get stuck on any of the steps above, feel free to ask for images. I didn't include any but I'm willing to add a visual aid if any step is not clear.
  • "aujineh;c-18095258" wrote:
    I tried that but when I go to the next save they are not there ...

You need to save them to your tray (gallery), and then move them in from the tray in the game where they are gone. The same way you would any sim household that is in the tray.
  • Can u show me some steps? I am not familiar with using the tray.

doesn't have to be images btw