Forum Discussion

JustMeAlb
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

How to reset a sim

Is there a way to take an existing sim that's been played and wipe away their traits, skills, careers, etc, essentially reverting them to when they were just create and not yet played?

I've tried creating my own sims from scratch but just suck at it so I've resorted to downloading sims from the gallery and changing their traits and such to what I want. Problems I've run into is skills they already have (found a way to remove them here https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/cheats.php), moodlets that pop up for traits I had removed, career paths locked out because of careers levels already gained. That's just the problems I can I recall off the top of my head.

I'd prefer to not use mods, got tired of the 'install newest version then breaks due to game update' cycle, but if that's the only way then I'll cope.
  • "WildIrishBanshee;c-18242314" wrote:
    Clone them in CAS and keep the new one.

how do you clone a sim? as im still trying to figure it out
  • You just make a twin of them. Randomize until you get a close replica and then tweak the features until they're close enough to be considered a clone.
  • "fazemanpress;c-18244164" wrote:
    "WildIrishBanshee;c-18242314" wrote:
    Clone them in CAS and keep the new one.

how do you clone a sim? as im still trying to figure it out

To add to the above, click on the DNA spiral and then as said above choose twin. You may get very lucky and have the identical right off the bat. I created identical triplets for my game this way. I did have to tweak all three of their noses because they sloped straight from their foreheads, didn't make for a good profile, at all. :open_mouth: But, that is the easiest method I know that will do what you want. Same Sim with a clean slate. Best of luck!
    JustMeAlb
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Thanks for all the replies and sorry for not responding sooner, just need to set aside a block of time to experiment now.