Forum Discussion

10 years ago

How To Restore Deleted Original Residential Lots

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place or way to ask this following, please bare with me as this is my 1st time EVER posting on a forum for a game. I had used one of the stock or original homes (residential lots) in Oasis Springs, my family grew and so I made that house bigger etc. When I was bored and done I deleted the house as it was not in its original state. I remember with the past sims games we were able to just pick the house all over again and add it to the vacant land. I can't seem to find the original house anywhere if anyone can direct me to how or if this isn't even an option anymore please let me know.

Thanks very much!
  • The only way you would still have the house is if you saved it to your gallery, unfortunately.

If you have an earlier save that still has the house, you could load that, save the house to your gallery and then reimport it.
  • Oh- partly, I misunderstood you.

If it's the BASE house, just select "save as" and save your game as a specific file name "mine" for instance.
    go back to the main menu

Start a new game.

go to that lot (in the new game) and modify it.

Once you are in "build mode" click on the little file at the top and select "save lot"

Save it to yoru gallery

Load back into your "mine" game

click on the lot and select modify

once you get into build mode on the empty lot, click on the little picture thing in the top right to get into your gallery

click on the house and click the little "add to world" button in the bottom right and place the house.
  • hey @BronxSim23 i agree if you decorate a home save a copy to the library for future use but if you are trying to merely get an original house just launch a new game and save that lot to the library. i recently did this. i replaced a home on lot and then decided later i wanted the original home back so i just got it in a new game :)
  • Start a new token game. Save the houses/lots you want to your library. That way you keep them safe. There might
    already be some saved in the gallery.
  • Thanks everyone starting to just go ahead and save the original lots lol not risking losing anymore already deleted one bc I was unaware of this.
  • Thanks for responding so fast wow that's disappointing I was really hoping since it was one of the originals from the game itself it would be easy to just put the same one the way we could in the past sims.
    Thanks so much for the answer :smiley:
  • Most of the original houses are on the gallery under the Maxis tab. (they used to be there ... not sure anymore) That's how I replaced one I deleted when the game was first out. I don't use the gallery now. I just use the my library while offline.
  • "bluegayle_;13310887" wrote:
    Start a new token game. Save the houses/lots you want to your library. That way you keep them safe.
    There might already be some saved in the gallery.

as bluegayle said,
    starting a new game brings up ALL original houses & sims in a vanilla neighborhood,
    those can be saved to the own library.
    you can have multiple games saved, the same two neighborhoods but with totally different houses & sims.
  • Some good souls have uploaded all of the houses into the gallery. That works great expect for the apartments. I did some poking around and if you go into Manage Worlds and click the build button it will bring up the base apartment layout with the furniture. You can copy and paste each room to restore it. For apartments that have two stories, you can do it by story instead of by room. Also, make sure bb.moveobjects is NOT on, otherwise you can stack rooms in the same place over and over, jacking up the price for no reason.
    EA_Rtas
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Please don't necropost in extremely old threads, I appreciate your input but I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting