Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How to stop a sim from stealing

I have a problem with the kleptomaniac trait. Basically I work really hard on my lots and like to add in various little things like toilet roll holder and such to make it realistic.
Since the patch came out I made one of my sim a klepto so I could make her steal, now I can't take her anywhere because she steals without me directing her to steal. Even worse townies with the trait are spawned by the game and they also steal from my community lots. So I want to know is there any way to get rid of this trait as it is seriously messing up my way of playing.
  • "JoAnne65;14564934" wrote:
    Can't you make them return what they stole?
    And as for realism, do they end up in prison when they get caught?

Yep, you can just click on the object and there is an option to make the klepto sim return it. And yeah... as for the invisible police, well... they're too busy eatin doughnuts to do anything.
  • Lol I can't wait to test this trait out! And have you tried turning off free will for your controlled sim? Pretty sure that's an option and it might help if only a little in getting your klepto sim to stop swiping things when you're out and about!
  • "RealPollyMogs;14562537" wrote:
    Short answer - no. It's been patched into the core game. The most you can do is choose NOT to give it to a sim and to delete any townies with the trait through Household Mgt. Your game will still spawn new ones, though.

Ah crud, I will hope someone makes a mod :(
  • I was curious how that trait was going to play out. Thankfully I didn't add it to my sims yet. lol. That is pretty terrible though, I know what its like to want a lot perfect, especially when you've worked on it really hard!
  • Can't you make them return what they stole?
    And as for realism, do they end up in prison when they get caught?
  • Is there a way to catch a sim in the act of stealing or to call the sim cops on them? Mine has an art gallery and I swear, she has attracted every single klepto imaginable. There are like four different sims who have stolen from her, some more than once, and I can’t seem to do anything. I wish I could ban them from the store. Ugh.
  • "hufflepuff86;c-16989889" wrote:
    Is there a way to catch a sim in the act of stealing or to call the sim cops on them? Mine has an art gallery and I swear, she has attracted every single klepto imaginable. There are like four different sims who have stolen from her, some more than once, and I can’t seem to do anything. I wish I could ban them from the store. Ugh.

You can with the help of a mod though, I'd imagine how it sucks it is when sims open retail store and people keep stealing from it and yet your sims get accused of stealing things by their friends ( a bug from get famous when kleptomaniac steals thing when you are around, you get accused instead )
    SheriSim
    Rising Hotshot
    I didn’t know townies could steal things, and I haven’t really played my klepto much yet. I will have to go around adding more small things so my klepto can steal things when I take them out. I do think townies stealing would be annoying though.