Forum Discussion

Kimmer_one
Rising Traveler
5 years ago

How to take larger photos?

Does my Sim have to max out photography skill to be able to take medium or larger photos with the handheld camera?
She's using Crystal Clear Digital Camera. I bought it for her because it was supposed to have option for three different photo sizes, but there's only one option for small photos. She's on level 4 on photography skill.
I've seen some players have all three photo size options with that same camera. If I want my Sims to be able to take larger photos I have to use the tripod to get those options. What am I missing here?
  • Hmm. You shouldn't be having to use the tripod. My photographer/artist has the same camera and gets all three options. Do you have any mods that might be affecting photography at all?
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    "MissyHissy;c-17400824" wrote:
    Hmm. You shouldn't be having to use the tripod. My photographer/artist has the same camera and gets all three options. Do you have any mods that might be affecting photography at all?

I don't have any mods, I've never used them. I've had this problem since the beginning. I kind of gave up even trying to take bigger photos with the handheld camera, I've been using photo studio (and tripod since Moschino stuff pack) for them.
    The problem never got fixed even when I reinstalled my game to a new laptop. It's not a huge problem, I can use the tripod or the photo studio. Maybe it'll change once my Sim reaches level 5 on photography, which should happen soon.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    Are you taking the picture through her phone or by clicking the camera in her inventory? I recently took some photographs and noticed you have to click the camera.
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    "musteni;c-17401001" wrote:
    Are you taking the picture through her phone or by clicking the camera in her inventory? I recently took some photographs and noticed you have to click the camera.

@musteni
    OMG! Thank you so much. I've always taken photos via phone, I've never clicked the camera in the inventory. I just tried clicking the camera to take a photo and it worked, all three photo size options were there, finally. :)
    I can't believe it was this simple, I knew I was doing something wrong. It's just weird that there are two different options to take photos with the camera and the other one doesn't work properly, it's never worked.
    Thanks again. I should've asked help here earlier. <3
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    "Admiral8Q;c-17401203" wrote:
    @Kimmer Yes, the camera in inventory, not the phone. I'm glad you solved that problem. :)

Lol, I feel like a plum now. I've always thought that if you have a camera in inventory the game automatically uses it instead of a phone camera. I don't know how many times I've purchased that expensive camera and never actually used it. I'm just facepalming so hard here. Well, it was great to learn something new. :D
  • @Kimmer You can make the photo larger or smaller in build mode. I don't like doing it, but it's like any object. shift
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    Glad I could help! :) I struggled with the very same thing, picture sizes not showing up as I expected. I like that the expensive camera also gives you an option to zoom.
  • @Kimmer Yes, the camera in inventory, not the phone. I'm glad you solved that problem. :)