Forum Discussion

10 years ago

how to turn off cheat help please

I read a post that told us how to build in the grove and probably work place. I used it to build a small bathroom in the grove, but how do I turn the cheat off please. I tried typing the cheat and then typed off, but it's still there.
  • I'm not 100% sure cause I haven't used it, but if it's under testingcheats then you should be able to turn that off and all sub cheats should turn off. They said in the last patch that testingcheats would remain on until turned off so hopefully that fixes it for you!
  • "feetinstockings;833503" wrote:
    I read a post that told us how to build in the grove and probably work place. I used it to build a small bathroom in the grove, but how do I turn the cheat off please. I tried typing the cheat and then typed off, but it's still there.

Try the word 'false'.
  • Hello.
    The bb.enablefreebuild cheat is turned off once you reload the lot. If you use the cheat on a career lot, it will be turned off the next day when you return to work, or when returning from a house call or crime scene. For the grove, come out of the grove and when you return it will be off.
  • "Xx_NadiaTheSimmer_xX;c-16391344" wrote:
    Please help me. I turned on the cheat that lets me get all items in buy mode. Like, the items you need to get a promotion in work for. I cant turn it off. How can i turn the cheat off? The cheat is bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. And i tried it bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement false.

Hello @Xx_NadiaTheSimmer_xX .
    Welcome to the forums :)
    Come completely out of the game. Then reload the game, and the cheat will be off.
  • Thank you! This worked a lot. The sims forums are so useful. I wanted to play without any cheats and with that cheat on it would tempt me to use an item. Plus, i got a response real quickly.
  • I'll try that. But for the cheat to work you don't type testingcheatsenabled. you just type the cheat. But I will go and try that.
    Thank you.
  • "Cinebar;13627088" wrote:

Try the word 'false'.

Yes. If memory serves, the patch notes did say to use testingcheats true and testingcheats false.
  • Please help me. I turned on the cheat that lets me get all items in buy mode. Like, the items you need to get a promotion in work for. I cant turn it off. How can i turn the cheat off? The cheat is bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. And i tried it bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement false.