Forum Discussion

jman81647
Newcomer
5 hours ago

I wan't to play post stroke but can't use my mouse right now!

I can't believe that a big company like EA has a game available on consoles but doesn't have native controller support for the PC.  I just got released from the hospital after having a stroke and wanted to play The Sims 4.  I have the EA version with several hundred dollars worth of DLC that I can't afford to rebuy on steam.  Due to the stroke, my right arm and hand can't use a mouse due to spasms but I think I might be able to handle my xbox controller (my right thumb doesnt spasm).  Any help would be appreciated here. 

• Jman, if your left hand is still working properly, you may want to try using your mouse with that hand. I have a long history of hand issues and switching the mouse between hands is I what I did in that situation. Also, as you recover more from your stroke (sorry that happened to you, btw), if you still find using the traditional 3 button mouse an issue, you may want to consider giving a vertical mouse a try; they are very comfortable to use and Logitech's come in two sizes, as well as for right and left hands. There are also joystick style mouses as well. Take a look online for "vertical mouse" and you'll be surprised at what you'll find. Good luck in your search and your recovery!

jman81647
      Newcomer

I looked at some of the vertical mice and track ball mice while I was in the hospital but only saw right handed.  Just googled and ordered a track ball and a lefty vertical.  They should be here in a few days.  Hopefully they will help.  Thank you

• jman81647  You don't need to buy the game again on Steam.  You can redeem the base game for free, uninstall the EA App version, install through Steam, and download only your packs (not another copy of the base game) through the EA App.  When done correctly, everything will load as if you owned it in Steam.

Best of luck with your recovery.

jman81647
      Newcomer

Good to know.  My steam stuff is on its own drive.  I assume I'll have to find the right path for it.  Any help what the routing would be or will it find the steam folders automatically?