Forum Discussion

6 years ago

I'm so mad

Sorry, I just needed somewhere to vent and I don't have anywhere else to do that. I think I just deleted my whole game cause I'm an idiot apparently. The game wasn't saving, every time I tried to it would just freeze, so I went to uninstall and repair the game and everything. So I moved my folder to the desktop to save it while I uninstalled and repaired it just...disappeared. It's gone, I can't find it anywhere. WHy would it be designed like that?? I guess I just don't understand computers. I have a save backed up somewhere, but it's way old, so I just lost a massive amount of progress and I'm feeling really depressed about it. I finally had triplets in my 100 baby challenge ffs!!!

I mean, I just have the worst luck, I've had at least 4 other times I've basically had to restart everything cause I lost it all or was corrupted. Maybe It's a sign I should stop playing, cause man, I swear this game hates me. I don't know whether I want to scream or cry honestly. Guess I'll take a break for a bit, maybe take a cue from the sims and take a cold shower to calm down lol. But this just REALLY fucked my day up so I could use a little consolation I guess lmao.

ANyway, thanks for bearing with my rant, and sorry again. Hope your simming has gone better than mine today!
  • Ranting is good for the soul. This is pretty much me attempting to "play" ts4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szK3xRywu_I
  • Yesterday, my game froze. I thought it was a park I had built, but it happened when I finally got my sim back home. It kept freezing though. I shut my mac down and uninstalled S4 (but not origin). I also moved my old folder to the desktop (which remained there). I decided I would not re-install all the packs though.
    So I take my happy a** back to start a new game, only for it to freeze. I finally turned my mouse off and back on, then it worked for a second. Yeah, lightbulb came on, it was the battery dying in my wireless mouse!!!!!! Now it is fine :D

I can relate. It is good to rant (but I usually don't because it ends up being my fault as I am not tech savvy at all)
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I accidentally deleted my game a few days ago. But, I discovered that all the old auto saves were backed up automatically to icloud (thank you apple!). All I had to do was move the most recent one into the saves.
    I'm sorry that happened. I have lost games in the past and it really sucks. Nothing quite like losing hours and hours worth of progress. I used to back up Sims 2&3 on a thumb drive, if you don't have icloud, I'd recommend doing that from now on since it seems to give you a hard time.
  • I always keep a copy of saves on the desktop.
    you should to in future.
    Did you check the recycle bin?
    I am sorry and hope you find it :'(
    good luck
    Lemon405
    New Spectator
    I managed to overwrite my play save (I’m on console) a few weeks ago. Thankfully, I am in the habit of saving lots once I’m done fixing them! I’m still pretty livid that I am now basically having to through each world and re-fix everything I hate about it, and then start all over skilling my Sims that we’re just to the point I was really starting to build a life for them. ?
  • Oh OP, I'm so sorry. I've done things like that in the past, too. I call them my "Mad Hatter" Moments. I'll keep a folder of the Sims4 on my desktop and then forget it was the 'backup' and delete the whole thing. :open_mouth: Try screaming into a pillow. Sometimes, that helps.