Forum Discussion

bshag4lv
Seasoned Scout
8 months ago

I'm Throwing In The Towel on Being a Landlord!

I could swear this game really hates me!

So, I make a nice little duplex, very nice with traditional decor, nice appliances, furniture, computer with a nice shared space with chess table, a garden box, picnic table and small grill. My sim is a new CAS model, so she has no skills yet. She aced the handiness skill and I had her upgrade all the appliances in both apartments. I made a basement on her side for the water heater and electrical box, then upgraded those. All this narrative is to say...

Her tenant's traits were mean and evil...great. But she and he got along okay.

The next day, sink and shower in his apartment sprung leaks. She runs over there to fix it. The next day, there is a cursed object in his apartment and she has to find it and destroy it. *sigh* Luckily she found a cursed book and destroyed it. The very next day, it seems there is a ghost haunting his apartment, again with the problems and he hasn't even been in the apartment for more than 3 sim days. I threw in the towel, I really don't have what it takes to be a landlord if that's what you have to deal with, all the time. My word but I do not know how simmers are doing it with 4 or more units, I couldn't keep up with one, lol.

10 Replies

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Yeah, as said, you can turn it off through Pack Options. Though these are per-save, so if you have other saves, it will be on there.

It seems like that every day there will be at least one event. The amount of units doesn't seem to matter, as my sim has total of 13 units under her control and still faces one event per day (even if it is pet adoption drive).
    rlc77
    Seasoned Observer
    Unfortunately I have events turned off in options but they still happen. There is a bug report on AHQ. They've been pretty easy to deal with though, so far.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Oh okay, I did not check that out. So, this is intended to do what, make us crazy? Too late, infants already did the job, lol. :D
    djsboonie
    Seasoned Traveler
    "bshag4lv;c-18338635" wrote:
    Oh okay, I did not check that out. So, this is intended to do what, make us crazy? Too late, infants already did the job, lol. :D

Maybe @bshag4lv or it's their attempt at showing the real life struggles of being a landlord/lady. Though they might have gone a teeny bit overboard lol.
    Simmerville
    Seasoned Veteran
    I've not yet played a Landlord, but playing rotationally I will gladly turn of all those daily detailed events. My Landlord would need to spend too much time with tenants, plus probably never get paid. I think the struggle is fine when focusing on the landlord household over some time, but for rotationals I will look for a way to cheat up that rental unit rate as I assume the business will become easier on those upper levels.
    KingJA_1992
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Lenny_Ogg;c-18338616" wrote:
    If it's too stressful you can turn these events off in the pack's options ?‍?

Unfortunately that doesn't work
  • "Starfree;c-18338667" wrote:
    "bshag4lv;c-18338635" wrote:

Maybe @bshag4lv or it's their attempt at showing the real life struggles of being a landlord/lady. Though they might have gone a teeny bit overboard lol.

Seems to me that anytime EA adds something, it's an all or nothing approach. Too much of even a good thing is bad. Tone it down a bit, then it might never occur in your game. I can't tell you just how long it's been since the night skies were disrupted by an Unidentified Flying Object that some say is a saucer shaped vessel . . . Heavy sigh.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    I agree GalacticGal! It's like there is no medium when I know good and well there is. :D
  • @GalacticGal I wonder if quite a lot of these events happen only in brand-new saves now. I’ve recently started adding a few brand-new save games into my rotation (I rotate round separate saves rather than rotating within a single save game), and I’m playing one of those new save games at the moment. Yesterday I’d got to Sunday of the first sim week played in that save, and I’d already had an invitation to a rave in Windenburg, an invitation to a circus (I don’t remember ever having one of those before! I don’t even know which pack that came with! Of course it was just a rabbithole with text, but still…), and also Vlad came round and bit my sim at night (I haven’t ever had any other sim get bitten, though I haven’t had Vampires for very long). I already knew that the Growing Together unsolicited requests for stayovers at your sim’s house tend to happen in newer saves rather than older ones. My older save games are pretty uneventful by comparison, which is a real shame.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    @starfree, I've had a few landlords in the past and I'm here to tell you that nothing happened like these landlords. :D And of course it is over the top, this is EA we are talking about, lol.

@Simmerville, there is no way in he** that I would play landlord in this game if I was a rotational player. I thought apartments were too close to one's neighbors, yikes. :#

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,025 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago