Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Is my house broken? Asking for advice....

Sorry for the long post, while playing The Sims 4 a number of issues/bugs are occurring and many of them are not listed as a current know bug, some are. Based on some events that's occurred I'm thinking there's something wrong with the lot/house. I know that if certain things are placed wrongly or using the move objects cheat this can-do things like block pathing or block the ability to use certain object, expresso machine for example. Well really quickly I'm going to list some things that are happening or have happened then I'm going to ask a question quickly.
-My son sim disappears out of his bed during the middle of the night and appears outside the front gate, then stands there forever until given a new command
-hamsters/rodents never need food, never have their enclosure say their hunger level is starving, etc. and you look at the bowl and its empty
-One time my greenhouse which was on the roof of the house well on the third floor, which is mostly roofing. I was blocked from being able to sell any garden plants or harvest them, I removed the greenhouse from the roof and moved it onto the ground and the problem was fixed.
-recently something in my kitchen is blocking the pathing of sims, they wave their hands in the air, make a noise and a symbol appears above their head that pretty obviously says to me that they can't complete given command because they can't get to it.
-my cat never scratches furniture, and very rarely uses any toys, his icon turns red, and I ask what's wrong and I am informed that he is hungry and needs food, well I look at the food bowl and its full, the cat will not eat on his own.
-there are more things going on but I'm not going to list them all
Ok, so I'm thinking that there is a major flaw on the third floor and that it should be like deleted and rebuilt completely same thing with much of my house. Like perhaps the graphic chosen as the floor detail is causing everything that touches it to malfunction, something like that, my green house is sunk into the ground a bit and I tried the flatten entire lot option in build mode and it flattened everything but that area. Do you think this could be the case, and is there a way to reset my house without having to rebuild everything I added such as extra rooms, furnishings, clutter, etc. Or is there some other option that could do something similar.?

I'm going to check the troubleshooting area as well as do a web search on this subject and see what comes up, but I would like you Guys's opinions as well, perhaps you're facing some of the same issues.

No RepliesBe the first to reply