Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Island Living or Snowy Escape?

Hi! I see these packs being compared to each other, heck even some people saying "oh snowy escape is just IL but with snow" and I'd like to know which pack you prefer! I personally had much more fun with Snowy Escape, I got used to Japanese media, I enjoy skiing/snowboarding in first person view and also the climbing excursion and even the skill! Moreover, I use the world frequently as well as the soundtrack being pristine.
  • I am one of the few people in these forums who truly LOVE IL.
    Snowy escape is well made, but the world bored me after awhile and also the skiing is very bugged, it is almost impossible to make a skiing club work for example.
  • I pretty much like both somewhat equally but in RL I am snowed in and can't even get my groceries delivered. LOL So in that case I will lean towards the sun & sea.
    Skyrryx
    New Spectator
    @MarmaladeJade Maybe it's the plateforms? The feature was very new when Snowy Escape release.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    I am with the majority, I love them both, use b/b from both, both neighborhoods are beautiful, scenery wise. So what makes IL edge SE, just a little...I live in Florida, USA, where the weather is sub-tropical and mostly warm and sunny year round. B)

In rl, I'm more the indoor type, but absolutely love watching my simmies fly down the Ludicris slope in Mt. Komorebi. <3
  • I agree that both packs are similar to each other, they basically add new location based activities and stuff, but out of the two I feel that the stuff in Snowy Escape feels much more well rounded and fleshed out. Snow Boarding, Skiing and Rock Climbing are all skills so there's some kind of progression associated with those activities, Island Living didn't even add any new skills, no Aqua Zip skill, no Sulani Culture skill, no Swimming skill. Mt Komorebi has official festivals with proper notifications, while Sulani's festivals are just kind of there. Snowy Escape also has Lifestyles which is a universal feature so the pack somewhat expands upon the overall game.
    keekee53
    Seasoned Newcomer
    more to do with Snowy escape, vending machines, hot pot
  • it seems the only fun thing that came with IL was the mermaid occult, and that's just for the aesthetics.