Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Last Names???

I wonder what last names you guys like. I also need a last name for my new family
  • I don't know how to put it exactly, but I name last names often after groups of things. For example, I'll use Blaze or Flame and then theme my first names alphabetically to coinside with the last name so I'd have Ember Flame, or in my current one its Hues and my founder's name is Wynter Hues and her children are: Scarlet Hues and Sky Hues. Then I'll make the color their name stands for their favorite color. Scarlet wears a lot of red tints and Sky wears a lot of sky colors. (shades of blue)

Unlike an alphabecy I go reverse alphabet most of the time so I start with Z or towards the end of the alphabet and work my way forward. But skip a lot of letters. Not sure why.
  • Okay, so my method is a little unconventional compared to everyone else's. I like to pick their surnames based on the first thing that pops into my head. From this I tend to get a lot of word names like Melon, Pepper, & Royal, though I have had some more normal options like Carmichael, Arden, & Wolfe.
  • I usually like those really straight-forward English names that often mimic a profession.

Thatcher, Baker, Smith, Miller, Taylor, Banks, King, Cook, Forge, Archer, Baker, Carpenter, Fletcher, Locke, Mann, Oak, etc.