Forum Discussion

3 years ago

lightening to bright outside houses

Hi!! the natural lightening outside the houses is way to bright (or even white if I may say that) if comparing to the inside of the house.. This has started even before I started using reshade presets. Is there something I could do to change that in order to avoid that bright outside that would not look good when I take photos outside? I noticed this while I was watching a youtuber making a house and at his house this didn't happen.
  • Thank you @StuffyMarx. I'm gonna take a look on that mod @Stormkeep Thank you for the suggestion. @hely0t Thanks.
  • I can't answer your question, but I feel badly when a thread is presented and it gets several reads but no responses. I do hope someone comes along with more understanding of the nature of your problem and has answers for you.
  • @Nyane21, do you have the Eco Living pack and is your neighborhood a "green" neighborhood?
  • "Nyane21;d-998254" wrote:
    ... This has started even before I started using reshade presets...

Try without those as a first step? You might want to upload a couple of screenshots to illustrate your problem.
  • "GalacticGal;c-18077264" wrote:
    I can't answer your question, but I feel badly when a thread is presented and it gets several reads but no responses. I do hope someone comes along with more understanding of the nature of your problem and has answers for you.

Thank you. You are to kind.
  • "Stormkeep;c-18077266" wrote:
    @Nyane21, do you have the Eco Living pack and is your neighborhood a "green" neighborhood?

Yes, I have that pack, but i don't know if the neighborhood is "green". If not, how do I change that?
  • @Nyane21 If you change the time of day in build mode, does that help to show up your brightness problem? You click the little sunset icon up in the top toolbar (the right-most icon).
    I must admit my game doesn't seem to look any different to yours as far as wall brightness goes.
  • @Nyane21 My theory was that you're having issues due to the sunray effect which a green neighborhood can cause. And, which can even be present on a lot that is not green if you download the lot from the gallery and it was green when the lot was saved.

From your screenshot though, it doesn't look too bright to me. It looks normal.

There's a mod that can disable the sunray if you want to try putting it into your game to see if it makes a difference or not. Just to see if the sunray is responsible. It is available here if you want to give it a try.