Forum Discussion

EmmaVane
Rising Hotshot
2 years ago

Lot Challenges/Lot Traits - How do you use yours?

So I'm currently setting up for a BACC style save to force myself to actually build up the worlds for once.

I decided to assign 2 lot challenges to each lot, on a world-by-world basis.

So far my plan is:

• Willow Creek - Spooky/Cursed (based on New Orleans hauntings/voodoo)
  • Oasis Springs - Filthy/? (I figure all that sand/dust will get everywhere. Not sure what else to pick here, though)
  • Newcrest - Reduce & Recycle/Simple Living (this neighbourhood has fishing ponds/grills/edible plants and is a new development area so would likely encourage eco living)
  • Sulani - Volcanic Activity/OTG (they would have to make own power locally and the volcano could shoot lava bombs further than that one lot)
  • Forgotten Hollow - Spooky/Creepy Crawlies (it needs ghosts and bats & bugs seem appropriate with Vamps and Mosquito Traps)
  • Del Sol Valley - Quake Zone/Reduce & Recycle (Based on San Andreas fault and hippy California)
  • StrangerVille - Filthy/Gremlins (dust everywhere and vines/strange weather breaking plumbing/electronics)
  • Henford-on-Bagley - Wild Foxes/Simple Living (might change Wild Foxes to something else in the town, though)

Any other ideas? I might also adjust per zone in towns where the zones vary a lot from each other, such as in San Myshuno and Windenburg.

If you manually pick them... Do you guys pick lot challenges/traits this way? Do you base it on whatever you build/the sims that live there?

If you randomise... Do you use the one off randomiser in the UI? Do you randomise periodically either manually or with MCCCs function?