Forum Discussion

2 years ago

My Absolutely Useless Sim

So I'm playing with my Sim, Eartha: a young adult who is cheerful, active, and self-assured. For this round the only thing I changed was her aspiration. I've played with Eartha before and never had this issue. I was having her try the career of freelance artist but I was having trouble getting her work assignments done (or anything done for that matter) for constantly having to tend to her needs. Suddenly Eartha's bladder was the size of a thimble and I couldn't risk having her far from a toilet or bush. She's not a glutton but she was always hungry. Nothing appealed to Eartha and she was bored and tense all the time. She was afraid of everything - deep water, volcanoes, the ghost of Nancy Landgraab. Eartha could be doing nothing and she would become filthy and exhausted. I tried having her travel to see if that would knock her out of her slump, but Eartha fell apart no matter where she went. In the end I was just as miserable as Eartha as I couldn't seem to keep her going without having to resort to cheats.

What happened? Is this a secret side-effect of being a freelance artist? I had her living in Windenburg, does that have anything to do with it? Is this a glitch? Is anyone else experiencing something like this?
  • I'm sorry to hear of your woes. That makes playing this game less than fun. No, I can't say I've had this problem in particular. I am noticing that my Infants will be exhausted very shortly after they awaken from a good sleep, though. Hard to help them realize milestones when they're exhausted right after exploring new food. I'm hoping EA will quickly realize something unintentional got tweaked a bit too far though.
  • I can only suggest using MCCC(if possible or want to) to reduce the motive rates for now if it is indeed a bug introduced by a recent update. Motives generally get in the way of time extensive/consuming activities like painting.
    BissenNess
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "beggar1015;d-1008885" wrote:
    She was afraid of everything - deep water, volcanoes, the ghost of Nancy Landgraab.

To be fair, I'd be afraid of the ghost of Nancy Landgraab, too. To answer your question though, this sounds like a really bizarre glitch. I haven't seen anything like it. Aside from infants' needs decaying quickly, as @GalacticGal mentioned, my sims needs seem to go down reasonably. They only get bored or stressed in response to something boring or stressful happening.

I don't own quite a bit of the DLC or any mods, so it could be some feature I don't have going haywire for you.
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    "beggar1015;d-1008885" wrote:
    So I'm playing with my Sim, Eartha: a young adult who is cheerful, active, and self-assured. For this round the only thing I changed was her aspiration. I've played with Eartha before and never had this issue. I was having her try the career of freelance artist but I was having trouble getting her work assignments done (or anything done for that matter) for constantly having to tend to her needs. Suddenly Eartha's bladder was the size of a thimble and I couldn't risk having her far from a toilet or bush. She's not a glutton but she was always hungry. Nothing appealed to Eartha and she was bored and tense all the time. She was afraid of everything - deep water, volcanoes, the ghost of Nancy Landgraab. Eartha could be doing nothing and she would become filthy and exhausted. I tried having her travel to see if that would knock her out of her slump, but Eartha fell apart no matter where she went. In the end I was just as miserable as Eartha as I couldn't seem to keep her going without having to resort to cheats.

What happened? Is this a secret side-effect of being a freelance artist? I had her living in Windenburg, does that have anything to do with it? Is this a glitch? Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

Much of this happened to me recently. I thought it might have been due to a mod I installed that requires sims to wash their hands and brush their teeth regularly.

• There was some time ago a glitch like this caused by an out-of-date Slice of Life mod. Do you have this or other mods, and if so have you tested without mods?
  • "beggar1015;d-1008885" wrote:
    the ghost of Nancy Landgraab.

:| I would run and fast!

I had similar some time ago too, I don't use Slice of Life, but it was something else, very outdated mod and was hiding in wrong folder.