Forum Discussion

7 years ago

My Dog is constantly scared....

My large Samoyed is afraid all the time. I'm aware that they have fears and such, but after asking "What's Wrong?" the option to calm him down no longer shows up. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • Hi there. I just updated my game and my Samoyed that I raised from a puppy via adoption is constantly scared. She has gone to the vet a few times, once to get spayed and 3 times because she was sick. She is an elder now. Anyways I didn't know about the vet treats, and she is getting the "scared all the time bug" regardless. No preventative shots were given, aside from the expensive treatments. She started getting scared once she became an elder. It's so sad, she has such a nice life and my Sims can't comfort her. I have her ID and have reset it using the sims.remove_all_buffs cheat and she is fine for about a couple of hours and then she gets the evil Man with the lampshade thought bubble and is scared again. I have read that it affects cats too, but not as often. It looks like the next generation will have to get a cat. I pray that it doesn't happen anymore. I thought you should know so you may have more information Gurus, and maybe fix it? I now know about the Vet treats and will give Deli (my dog) the treats anyways. Dogs like that, and at least she has some happiness amongst all that anxiety. Such a weird bug to happen...
  • This "scary" dogs behavior is really annoying, afraid of everything :( my sim has a Doberman dog and it's silly looking when he put himself on the floor and shaking :( I am a dog person and real life (not sims), and one of my dogs did that! I use to have a Doberman too, and he never afraid of anything!
  • I've seen comments in dogs being scared of terlets, (Toilet if pronounced by Archie Bunker) my dog tends to drink from it and I can't get him to stop doing it. Diana Prince's dog, Ace on the other hand is scared of computers. Every time a sim in that household uses a computer, he cowers and shakes. And this is supposed to be Batman's dog, Ace the Bat Hound.
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    My sims white husky is scared of the dishwasher, yet he keeps going In the kitchen when the dishwasher’s working.....

• I've been having those issues for the last month I've been playing. I played one of my other sims yesterday for awhile, this morning I went to my simself & no more "dog in the red"! An hour later, still no problem.
  • Well, when the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs came out, they said each pet is afraid of different things in the house. My two dogs in one house is afraid of the Toilet in the bathrooms. My Cats are afraid of the Stereo when its on they hide on the other floor the other cats are afraid of the TV.

Some Dogs are afraid of Strangers, that is part of a trait for a dog or cat shy or skittish, not sure which one, because I am not in the game at the moment, but one of them gets a lampshade bubble above their heads followed by a sim with the no sign and than they go hide.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,073 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago