Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Neighbours letting themselves in?

I recently bought Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape and more recently Paranormal stuff but I'm only just getting around to playing with the world that came with Eco Lifestyle and wondered if this was a bug or a feature? My Sim's neighbours keep turning up and letting themselves in without knocking. They don't have a key.
I thought the new no tresspassing option on the door was to stop them knocking in the first place but if you allow visitors then they should knock and wait before coming in or am I misunderstanding this feature? Is it because it's a haunted residential lot instead of a standard one?

It's getting really annoying when my Sim is eating breakfast and a lady who he has barely spoken to just walks in and makes herself comfortable and I can't seem to ask her to leave. I'm making my Sim scream incoherently at them because it's cathartic at this point. XD
  • Hm. I don't have the paranormal pack yet, but further I own every pack mentioned.

I got this while playing in San Myshuno, neighbours keep coming in, without even knowing my sim.
  • "Lisamango0;c-17834258" wrote:
    Hm. I don't have the paranormal pack yet, but further I own every pack mentioned.

I got this while playing in San Myshuno, neighbours keep coming in, without even knowing my sim.

Click on the door. There are options for blocking Vampires, Neighbors, Solicitors (aka Welcome Wagon etc) and more.
  • "RadioAChicken;d-986706" wrote:
    I recently bought Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape and more recently Paranormal stuff but I'm only just getting around to playing with the world that came with Eco Lifestyle and wondered if this was a bug or a feature? My Sim's neighbours keep turning up and letting themselves in without knocking. They don't have a key.
    I thought the new no tresspassing option on the door was to stop them knocking in the first place but if you allow visitors then they should knock and wait before coming in or am I misunderstanding this feature? Is it because it's a haunted residential lot instead of a standard one?

It's getting really annoying when my Sim is eating breakfast and a lady who he has barely spoken to just walks in and makes herself comfortable and I can't seem to ask her to leave. I'm making my Sim scream incoherently at them because it's cathartic at this point. XD

Neighbours breaking in has been a problem for a while.I honestly believe Etiquette should be a real skill in the sims. Or at least be able to call the police because somebody broke into our homes in the game.
  • I thought it had been fixed a while ago but I guess not. I noticed it in Newcrest and Windenburg. My family's just going about their business and then suddenly I'm like "Who are you?" and next thing I know this random townie is dancing to the stereo or watching TV.
  • I'm having this as well...it's really annoying, random neighbor sims will autonomously get in queue to talk to my sim and enter the house right away without knocking and getting permission and no, I'm not playing in Sulani lately.
  • For anyone experiencing this issue, I've recently discovered a mod that helps solve the problem... LittleMsSam's "Force to Leave"

It is a small mod that adds a "Force to Leave" option to all of the doors in the house. If some random stranger shows up and makes themselves at home, just click the option on the door and a window opens with all sims on/nearby the lot and you can select which ones you want to force off the lot. I am not one for mods in my game, but this one is a life saver and while it doesn't stop the annoying neighbours from appearing, it gets rid of them quickly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend it.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    Just select the No Trespassing option on the front door. It can keep Neighbors, Solicitors, Vampires & even Friends from entering your sim's home. It's in the Sims 4 game, you don't need a mod.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago