Forum Discussion

6 years ago

New Pronoun Options Please

I love your gender options and I love making my non-binary and trans sims, but I would really like if sims could have some extra pronoun options. Especially since I don't know many non-binary people who use just she/her or he/him pronouns. I use they/them and he/him depending on my gender fluid days.

If they/them could be added into the game that would be amazing. If the game devs wanted to take it a step further there could be a fill-in box for special pronouns. I know there are some less common ones that enby people use such as ze/zir or ze/zim (I had to look these up but I know there are a lot more than just that)

Anyway I'd just love it if my sim could have they/them pronouns because to be honest seeing chat boxes telling me about my sim-self's latest adventures with she/her pronouns kind of stings

EDIT: I realize I never mentioned how I thought this idea should be done when I suggested it. I think (in CAS specifically, when creating a sim or when doing a cas.fulledit mode) having a "check a box" style pronoun choice is an ideal way to do it. Putting it in the same menu with all the other gender identities such as body type and ability to get pregnant would be the ideal way to do it.

Yes, changing the text boxes would be a lot of work, so maybe it's not realistic but I have yet to see a thread suggesting it, so I thought I would put it out there. If the devs don't know a change can be made or how it can be made, then obviously they have no way to make that change. Somebody had to suggest it, and I thought why not me.

Thank you to the people who have been positive towards the suggestion and giving positive feedback