Forum Discussion

3 years ago

New Sims Delivery Express June 8

https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/status/1534587835705090051?s=20&t=1ipuH03UXhY_r-V7WrbXBA
    Omri147
    New Spectator
    "alanmichael1;c-18125444" wrote:
    "Gordy;c-18125288" wrote:
    "logion;c-18125253" wrote:
    I don't mind real product placement in the sims...but unfortunately the texture quality for that headset is very poor and only comes with a hat. Thanks, I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/uFoID4C.png

I have wanted more headsets for the sims so this is a bit disappointing.

Oof.

Between this, the infamous MAC make-up, Batuu and Moschino (which ended up giving us a good pack, though only because they barely put in any Moschino clothing,) I feel like The Sims 4 has had some real bad luck with their product collabs.

Is the MAC makeup not popular? I use the lipsticks all the time.

I personally like the MAC blush, I use it all the time, and it's the ONLY thing I use from the MAC stuff.
  • "superkyle221;c-18125251" wrote:
    What were the pride flags they added?

Two-Spirit and Intersex Inclusive
  • Not a big fan of the headphones but I'm sure at least one of my teen sims will be thrilled to have one. Ha ha

I also don't mind the logos. We've had them ingame since the first Sims and they don't bother me at all. I've been simming so long now I swear English & Simlish has started to look the same anyways. At least I seem to know what it says either way.
    lanlynk
    New Spectator
    Product placement doesn't bother me. The real world slips into our sim games in other ways too. We're always comparing sims locations and dress with real world countries and cultures. We make sims that look like RL people or characters in movies or books. The Sims Session we were given last summer with sim versions of RL entertainers performing their music was "product placement." In game, we could buy t-shirts with the performers' names printed on them. But I enjoyed the concerts very much. It was something different. And seeing the singers in the game was fun.

I have Batuu. I've only had one family visit there for any length of time, but I use the CAS and BB items often. I like Star Wars, but I'm not a superfan. Still, I think many Batuu items will fit nicely into the werewolf world we're getting. Strangerville echoes real world fixations on aliens. The Roswell alien is on several items even though sim aliens don't look like that.

Even the Pride movement has entered the sims. Sims themselves have always been very open about who they love or who they are. It's the real world that is struggling with those issues. But sims have all sorts of Pride clothes and deco in support of what some people would consider a controversial movement in the real world. This doesn't seem to bother most gamers though. I'm fine with it too.

A lot of people object to the use of English words showing up in the sim world. Maybe it's immersion-breaking for them. I can understand that, but honestly, I don't even think about it. It's not that big of a deal for me and I don't see it that often. As for sponsoring RL products, if it helps bring in revenues to support a game I enjoy, I can live with that. Even streamers use product sponsors at times.

From one article I found, Product Placement in Video Games
    When poorly executed, product placement in video games can be jarring and disruptive, harshly removing the user from the illusion of the game’s narrative. When done well, however, product placement in video games can be so seamlessly integrated that players aren’t bothered by the in-game ads, because they naturally feel as if they should be there.
  • Oh wow. Loving the headphones. I've seen some that size. Literally huge. I think the original looks better than the modded one but that's just me.
    Nice colors too!
    Pretty cool that people who own these in real life can match with their sim! With all my ear peircings I can only do certain slender earbuds sadly. ?
  • I am not using these headphones ? ! They’re huge! I mean can you imagine the stress on the neck wearing those all the time? ?. Poor Sims.
    Also the logo could have been done in Simlish.

Why can’t we say no thanks to these SDX drops? ?

I do like the new flags. ?