Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
11 months ago

No more "release spirit to Neverland"?

I noticed that when a sim dies, the option of "release spirit" is no longer here. In the past it used to disappear for older grave stones, but on fresh graves it was always an option. I had a routine of keeping a stone/urn at home for 1 sim year, then bringing it to the graveyard to establish the permanent grave and to release the spirit. It's nothing game breaking, and it makes little difference for my game, I just did not expect to not have that option. And - my save is packed with sims, so I was thinking that perhaps the game wants to prevent the creation of ghosts?

Did anyone else notice this change?
  • For me, the option now appears about 48 hours after a Sim passed away, it just isn't available directly after the death anymore. I don't know why it's completely gond for you.
  • "83bienchen;c-18323486" wrote:
    For me, the option now appears about 48 hours after a Sim passed away, it just isn't available directly after the death anymore. I don't know why it's completely gond for you.

Ah! I only checked immediately after the death took place. So, maybe the option will be there after a while. I feel I should have known that after playing this game for 9 years, and gravestones is nothing new, LOL.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    Wait a minute, there's a Neverland in the game? Is it actually in Vanilla? Is there a Peter Pan?
    EA_Solaire
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can post this issue here.
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Oh no. This will make releasing the ghosts of npc-sims more irritating.

Currently they get a flower of death-arrangement and then their ghost is released straight away. Now I have to circle back two ingame days later. That might be two weeks later by real life. Oh well. I just have to adjust my usual habits but it is not a upgrade for me.
  • Maybe it depends on manner of death. A couple of days ago was able to release Lilith V's ghost almost immediately. Game fully updated, too.
  • "MarteziaKing;c-18323747" wrote:
    "SERVERFRA;c-18323746" wrote:
    Wait a minute, there's a Neverland in the game? Is it actually in Vanilla? Is there a Peter Pan?

No, It's called the Netherworld. OP just spelled the name wrong. ?

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Netherworld

Ah, ooups :)