Forum Discussion

LeccaLovesYou
New Spectator
8 months ago

NPC Help

Hi! I’m currently working my way through townie makeovers. I have been saving NPCs for last in case I messed something up and here we are lol. I got through the Sages from RoM perfectly fine but I gave Kim Goldbloom a make over in manage worlds and she is now no longer the HoB Grocery Shop Owner. I also managed to remove a University Professor from their role. I thought I had came across a thread on here before walking others through setting up NPCs but cannot find it now. I would love to get Kim and the professor back in their positions and avoid messing up the other NPCs if anyone has any advice 🥰
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I've used this site (off forums) to assign NPC traits and I am working on my own thread on it too in this forums (which includes additional info to get the NPC sim to show up). It's taking long though.

Anyway, the problem is with those two NPC sims.

First, you'll need to move those sims in somewhere, equip required careers and traits, and evict them and make them unplayed.

University professors simply need a trait. Here's that observation I've written on the hidden traits thread:
    "EgonVM;c-17762882" wrote:
    "blackbimbo;c-17538880" wrote:
    How do I make a sim I created an NPC professor? I entered the cheat traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_isArtsProfessorNPC but it didn't work. Also which mod can I download to make a sim an npc professor?

Ok. I tried to make professors myself and have discovered something myself so it would work (without mods).
    You need to assign one of those traits first.
    Trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Arts_A
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Arts_B
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Arts_C
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Arts_D
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Science_A
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Science_B
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Science_C
    trait_Hidden_ProfessorNPC_Course_Science_D
    Assigning one of these traits make them join the professor NPC career.
    After that, exit the household, make them unplayed, and to make sure that it worked, find them and ask for their career. If they say they're a professor at University of Britechester (arts) or Foxbury Institute (science), it worked and that sim can now become a professor of your students.
    Should have tried it earlier, but... laziness... Sorry.

Long story short, assign one of those traits to the sim (Arts for UBrite, Science for Foxbury) and they'll get assigned the professor career automatically. Do not use the career adding cheat as without any professor course trait it'll simply go away for the sim.

With Kim Goldbloom, you'll need to use these cheats:
    careers.add_career career_Adult_CottageWorld_NPC_GroceryOwner
    traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_CottageWorld_NPC_GroceryOwner

You'll need to enable testingcheats first to equip traits and careers through a cheat code.
  • @EgonVM This helped so much thank you! Good luck on the thread, I am looking forward to it!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Lecca;c-18351040" wrote:
    @EgonVM This helped so much thank you! Good luck on the thread, I am looking forward to it!

I'm happy it worked! And thank you for good luck wish! I do hope I will get this completed eventually.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Lecca;c-18351245" wrote:
    @EgonVM Hi again! Do you (or anyone else reading this lol) have any insight into the Moonwood Mill NPCs? I have just edited Celene and now she is no longer the bartender. I have edited her in other saves and not had this issue. I do not want the same thing to happen to Wolfgang and his librarian position :blush:

Unfortunately, these careers they have need a lot they're working in. As there is no way to add a location-based NPC role with cheats (you cannot specify the working lot), be extra careful with them, as otherwise another sim will take over.
  • @EgonVM Hi again! Do you (or anyone else reading this lol) have any insight into the Moonwood Mill NPCs? I have just edited Celene and now she is no longer the bartender. I have edited her in other saves and not had this issue. I do not want the same thing to happen to Wolfgang and his librarian position :blush:
  • @EgonVM Ah, darn, it seems I may be stuck without Celene then. It seems this also has now made the werebies cure unavailable at the Grimtooth bar. How very unfortunate. Currently trying to see if there is anything I can do to remedy this error but not hopeful. Thank you for your response!!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Ah, hi again. I think I have an answer now after so long.

The trick with Celene is this:
  • Open up (or make a new one) another save in where Celene is unchanged and still in the role.
  • Open up Manage Households and find her.
  • Once you've found her, edit the household in CAS (click on the household panel and the pencil icon).
  • Save her to My Library.
  • You can then return to the save file she lost her role in and place her there.

She will lose relationships with this, but at least she'll be back.