Forum Discussion

9 months ago

NPC landlord?

do you have to set a landlord? or will one just automatically own a residential rental? thanks
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    No need to have a sim own a residential rental lot.

Unowned residential rental lot will have a pre-made property owner named Panya Li being a landlord. Despite this, the residential rental lot can still be bought by someone else, he will just fill in the role until then.

Though having a sim own it will allow you to set the rent, lease length, and unit rules. The unit rules part is going to be important for Discerning Dweller aspiration, but other than that, no big deal.
    Brd709
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "EgonVM;c-18338483" wrote:
    Unowned residential rental lot will have a pre-made property owner named Panya Li being a landlord. Despite this, the residential rental lot can still be bought by someone else, he will just fill in the role until then.

Will it be that sim for all unowned residential rentals? I thought it would be hilarious if one of my sims moves in to an unowned residential rental and the property owner turns out to be an unplayed relative!

• "Brd709;c-18338516" wrote:

Will it be that sim for all unowned residential rentals? I thought it would be hilarious if one of my sims moves in to an unowned residential rental and the property owner turns out to be an unplayed relative!

That would be hysterical.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Brd709;c-18338516" wrote:

Yes, he will be that sim for every unowned residential rental. He will stop being so once moved in (he's hidden in Manage Households, so you'll have to befriend him). Then a random sim will be generated for this role.

However, fun fact. You can get a different sim to be the property owner of unowned residential rental lots. You'll just need to equip this trait:
    trait_isPremadePO
    And then unowned residential lots can either get Panya Li or another household that has that sim with premade property owner trait. Just, just in case, make them unplayed and move them out.

It's like when in City Living, if you have multiple landlord sims, your sim can choose which landlord to call when calling one to fix malfunctions (trash chute, electrical box, water pipes etc).
  • "EgonVM;c-18338483" wrote:
    No need to have a sim own a residential rental lot.

Though having a sim own it will allow you to set the rent, lease length, and unit rules. The unit rules part is going to be important for Discerning Dweller aspiration, but other than that, no big deal.

thank you