Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

"Okay, Which Nimrod Put The Clean Clothes Away Damp?"

Several of my Sims (in a household of eight) are walking around sad because their clothes are damp. I didn't see who did the laundry last, but even the Toddlers are affected by it, of which there are FOUR. I went from one save of the same family walking around depressed because they lost three of their grandparents inside of a Sim week!

After this latest patch, I rolled back a save and got lucky. I found the one prior to the very first death. I altered their ages with MCCC (thank you Deaderpool!) and hopefully have averted the most unhappy turn my story had taken. But, now my Sims are walking around sad because their clothes are damp! They have a perfectly working dryer.

"So, listen up my little Simmies: Erik, Joey, Kayleigh and Hayleigh, I know it's hard to keep up with the schedules you keep, and Kayleigh, the mother of these four precious toddlers has her hands so very full just wrangling her brood, the workload has been split. There are four Young Adults so it shouldn't be that hard. When you gather up the laundry and place it into the washer, please, oh please remember to start the washer. Then when it's ready and you move it to the dryer, don't forget to clean the lint trap and then start the dryer. By no means should you ever, ever ever put the laundry away damp. Mildew comes to mind … thank you."

Signed,

Your most benevolent Creator.
  • "PenguinFoop;c-17749451" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-17749427" wrote:
    I only have one household that uses the wash tub and hangs clothes on the line. Still, she is able to put clothes away and they disappear into the ether, just like the ones from the dryer, so I'm hard pressed to understand why your dude takes them with him. LOL That's so amusing and so very like a Sim Thanks for sharing.

I think it's because of the action overlapping feature. If I have him put the laundry away before I tell him to do anything outside the wash house, he stands in front of the dryer and poof, they're gone. So once I figured out what was happening, I could control it and now my family of 7 is happily snuggly blissfully warm and fuzzy.

But in previous saves I've had them put clothes away that were still damp. However those were extremely rare conditions as I make my laundry master stay there until the laundry is completely done so that they are immediately handled. I'm a dictator like that.

Also, only one sim in any of my households has a key to the laundry room that way I know that maids, butlers or family members aren't screwing up my system so I always know "which nimrod put the clean clothes away damp."

I love that you have a wash house, that's so 18th century! Generally, I do follow the Sim, too, who is doing the laundry. In times past, the Butler was very guilty of setting the machine on fire, due to failing at cleaning the lint tray. So important. LOL
  • "GalacticGal;c-17749458" wrote:
    "PenguinFoop;c-17749451" wrote:
    I only have one household that uses the wash tub and hangs clothes on the line. Still, she is able to put clothes away and they disappear into the ether, just like the ones from the dryer, so I'm hard pressed to understand why your dude takes them with him. LOL That's so amusing and so very like a Sim Thanks for sharing.

I think it's because of the action overlapping feature. If I have him put the laundry away before I tell him to do anything outside the wash house, he stands in front of the dryer and poof, they're gone. So once I figured out what was happening, I could control it and now my family of 7 is happily snuggly blissfully warm and fuzzy.

But in previous saves I've had them put clothes away that were still damp. However those were extremely rare conditions as I make my laundry master stay there until the laundry is completely done so that they are immediately handled. I'm a dictator like that.

Also, only one sim in any of my households has a key to the laundry room that way I know that maids, butlers or family members aren't screwing up my system so I always know "which nimrod put the clean clothes away damp."

I love that you have a wash house, that's so 18th century! Generally, I do follow the Sim, too, who is doing the laundry. In times past, the Butler was very guilty of setting the machine on fire, due to failing at cleaning the lint tray. So important. LOL

Yeah, my home is a mixture of old and new concepts. Complete with a greenhouse, science lab facility and wash house. It's in the gallery if you wanna check it out. It's called Chateau de Cameron. :smiley:
  • "PenguinFoop;c-17749776" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-17749458" wrote:
    "PenguinFoop;c-17749451" wrote:

Yeah, my home is a mixture of old and new concepts. Complete with a greenhouse, science lab facility and wash house. It's in the gallery if you wanna check it out. It's called Chateau de Cameron. :smiley:

The term wash house is what caught my attention. I've been studying that time period, since I've written a novel based on the lives of my sixth great-grandparents. Spring house, wash house, kitchen, corn crib, loom house, etc.
  • "WildIrishBanshee;c-17746086" wrote:
    I'm thinking it's a new bug - my sims dry their clothes, and when I hover over it to put them away, it still says damp sometimes. I actually started several fires because of that, and nearly lost a sim child! But I'm not yet sure, nor have I been to AHQ to see if others have it yet either.

I've had that happen prior to this patch. What I try to do is watch my Sims whenever they're doing the laundry and if a load isn't dry, I have them clean the lint trap and then hit dry. But — you have to watch them to be certain they clean that lint trap, first. Trust me, I have had more than my share of such fires.

https://i.imgur.com/cKUkesR.jpg
    Same Sim, but an earlier incident
    https://i.imgur.com/3QzENhA.jpg

"crocobaura;c-17746638" wrote:
    "Isharell;c-17746628" wrote:
    I never know if the clothes will be damp or dry. Sometimes I feel like it's a gamble I take!

If you hover the mouse over the clothes before putting them away it says whether they are damp or dry. :)

Yes, I'm aware of that. But you can't just put them back into the dryer, unless I'm missing something. You have to either place them in the laundry or that Sims' inventory, or on the floor. At any rate, you have to wash them all over again. At least that's been my experience. I didn't catch who decided to put them away. It was probably the sister/sister-in-law. She's a bit of a neat freak. Kudos to her for helping out, but still. I've gone from a household that was in deep mourning, having lost three of their four parents/grandparents inside of one Sim-week to having them sad for yet another reason. Face/palm.
  • "WildIrishBanshee;c-17747090" wrote:
    That was why I said bug - there was no lint trap to clean! Very strange shenanigans indeed.

You don't really see the lint trap, but you can click on the dryer once your Sim adds the wet clothing to it and it will have the option to "Clean Lint Trap". I've watched them do it. It's more like they just have a few clicks on the machine (wouldn't that be nice?) and voila the lint is gone. Then I click on dry clothes.
  • I only have one household that uses the wash tub and hangs clothes on the line. Still, she is able to put clothes away and they disappear into the ether, just like the ones from the dryer, so I'm hard pressed to understand why your dude takes them with him. LOL That's so amusing and so very like a Sim Thanks for sharing.
  • "GalacticGal;d-984734" wrote:
    Several of my Sims (in a household of eight) are walking around sad because their clothes are damp. I didn't see who did the laundry last, but even the Toddlers are affected by it, of which there are FOUR. I went from one save of the same family walking around depressed because they lost three of their grandparents inside of a Sim week!

After this latest patch, I rolled back a save and got lucky. I found the one prior to the very first death. I altered their ages with MCCC (thank you Deaderpool!) and hopefully have averted the most unhappy turn my story had taken. But, now my Sims are walking around sad because their clothes are damp! They have a perfectly working dryer.

"So, listen up my little Simmies: Erik, Joey, Kayleigh and Hayleigh, I know it's hard to keep up with the schedules you keep, and Kayleigh, the mother of these four precious toddlers has her hands so very full just wrangling her brood, the workload has been split. There are four Young Adults so it shouldn't be that hard. When you gather up the laundry and place it into the washer, please, oh please remember to start the washer. Then when it's ready and you move it to the dryer, don't forget to clean the lint trap and then start the dryer. By no means should you ever, ever ever put the laundry away damp. Mildew comes to mind … thank you."

Signed,

Your most benevolent Creator.

LOL !!!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,044 PostsLatest Activity: 16 minutes ago