Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Option or Mod to turn off N.A.P.

So, whilst I'm enjoying the items and most of the gameplay that Eco Lifestyle brought, I'm REALLY not enjoying the Neighbourhood Action Plans. They're incredibly intrusive on my general gameplay and when I'm playing a 'normal' family, from one of the older neighbourhoods, I don't want to have all these disrupting my game. I know I can just uninstall the pack but that's not only a waste of money but also I'd be missing out on all the nice new build/buy items.

So what I'm looking/hoping for, is (ideally) an in-game option to turn them off, or failing that, a mod that deactivates them. If the option is already present and I'm missing it, my apologies, please just let me know where it is and I'll jump right on it.

I also realise that this will likely be an incredibly divisive topic and I cast no judgement on all those Simmers that love them, I'm just not one of them and would LOVE to be able to play without them. :)
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I'm pretty sure if you turn off NPC voting in the settings and don't vote yourself, no NAPs will be enacted.
  • Disabling voting doesn't work for everyone, unfortunately. This is what I've found so far:

1. Simvasion has a mod to disable N.A.P. autonomy, here. It prevents the current bug in which NAPs from all neighborhoods get applied to NPCs, and prevents autonomous NPC behavior from getting permanently stuck on played sims.
    2. They also have the Eco Lifestyle Interactions mod fixes, here. It prevents random items from spawning in sim inventories (future cube, blob of clay, novels) and stops open-world items from being swiped under sharing is caring.
    3. ZeroSims has a mod to prevent NPCs from swiping with Sharing is Caring enabled, here.
    4. If you have the issue where random sims in your house won't stop cooking until they've run out of space (and then proceed to drop cutting boards everywhere) you can use the Scumbumbo autonomy scanner in MCCC. With MCCC installed, click on your focused sim > MCCC > MC Tuner > Enable Autonomy Scan. Then click on whatever object you'd like to prevent autonomous actions for. In my case, I disabled all autonomous cooking from the fridge (by clicking every instance of "cook") - until this gets patched. You can just as easily turn it back on again, and in my save, I've left things like "have a quick meal" and "get leftovers" active so no one inadvertently starves.
  • @the1akb Thanks for bringing this up. It was one of the things I was skeptical about as it seems it would intrude on gameplay in my current saves.

@islarosexiv THANK YOU for listing all of that. It will be helpful when I finally get around to purchasing the pack.
  • 1. Simvasion has a mod to disable N.A.P. autonomy, here. It prevents the current bug in which NAPs from all neighborhoods get applied to NPCs, and prevents autonomous NPC behavior from getting permanently stuck on played sims.

Sorry to bump an old thread up, but I checked this mod and it says it's been fixed so the mod won't do anything anymore? It's definitely not fixed. Sims are still moulding clay in every neighborhood even ones where I've disabled every NAP (fully up to date), the newer version says it only applies to played sims and its definitely not only played sims who are obsessed with clay in my game.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Onverser;c-17622277" wrote:
    1. Simvasion has a mod to disable N.A.P. autonomy, here. It prevents the current bug in which NAPs from all neighborhoods get applied to NPCs, and prevents autonomous NPC behavior from getting permanently stuck on played sims.

Sorry to bump an old thread up, but I checked this mod and it says it's been fixed so the mod won't do anything anymore? It's definitely not fixed. Sims are still moulding clay in every neighborhood even ones where I've disabled every NAP (fully up to date), the newer version says it only applies to played sims and its definitely not only played sims who are obsessed with clay in my game.

Did you try his newer mod Eco Lifestyle Interaction fixes ? It worked for me, and I had the autonomy stuck on both played and unplayed sims.
  • @logion so how does it works? Npc's and played sims stop getting behaviours from other neighbourhood's naps? I've only tried to have npc nap voting on right at the beginning when the ep came out. Everyone was getting behaviours from places they visited and using in neighbourhoods where the respective nap wasn't in use... does this mod changes that? Thanks in advance :)
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "telmarina;c-17622488" wrote:
    @logion so how does it works? Npc's and played sims stop getting behaviours from other neighbourhood's naps? I've only tried to have npc nap voting on right at the beginning when the ep came out. Everyone was getting behaviours from places they visited and using in neighbourhoods where the respective nap wasn't in use... does this mod changes that? Thanks in advance :)

The patch that Maxis released should have fixed NPC's getting behavior from other neighborhoods... it caused sims do to all sort of NAP autonomy (like using the future cube etc.) even if they were not in the correct neighborhood.

Simvasion's "Eco Lifestyle Interaction fixes" mod tunes down some actions and also fixes the bug where the autonomy gets stuck on sims, so they will just do these NAP autonomy actions (like using the future cube etc.) endlessly, even if you had removed all the NAPs from your neighborhoods.

That's how I think it works anyway.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "telmarina;c-17622516" wrote:
    "logion;c-17622512" wrote:
    @logion so how does it works? Npc's and played sims stop getting behaviours from other neighbourhood's naps? I've only tried to have npc nap voting on right at the beginning when the ep came out. Everyone was getting behaviours from places they visited and using in neighbourhoods where the respective nap wasn't in use... does this mod changes that? Thanks in advance :)

The patch that Maxis released should have fixed NPC's getting behavior from other neighborhoods... it caused sims do to all sort of NAP autonomy (like using the future cube etc.) even if they were not in the correct neighborhood.

Simvasion's "Eco Lifestyle Interaction fixes" mod tunes down some actions and also fixes the bug where the autonomy (such as playing guitar and using the future cube) gets stuck on sims, so they will just do these NAP autonomy actions (like using the future cube etc.) endlessly, even if you had removed all the NAPs from your neighborhoods.

Oh cool! So in your game you're not seeing this kind of stuck behaviour as for now?
    Sorry for bothering, i love the idea behind the naps but im kind of afraid of trying it again because of the first time... ?

I don't mind at all. :)

Yes, when I started playing Eco Lifestyle I had NAPs on, then after I saw the trouble I got with sharing is caring I disabled the NPC voting in the game options and then I removed the NAPs from all the neighborhoods by moving sims there and removing them with cheats (by shift clicking on the mailbox)

And even when I had done that, I had sims who still just used the future cube constantly, that's because the autonomy was stuck on them. Simvasion's mod fixed that.
  • "logion;c-17622512" wrote:

Simvasion's "Eco Lifestyle Interaction fixes" mod tunes down some actions and also fixes the bug where the autonomy (such as playing guitar and using the future cube) gets stuck on sims, so they will just do these NAP autonomy actions (like using the future cube etc.) endlessly, even if you had removed all the NAPs from your neighborhoods.

Oh cool! So in your game you're not seeing this kind of stuck behaviour as for now?
    Sorry for bothering, i love the idea behind the naps but im kind of afraid of trying it again because of the first time... ?