Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Orange juice, where the heck is it?

Okay, so I'm having an issue! I've got a sick kid at my house. I've been reading online about how to help them out when it comes to curing illnesses and people have said to have them drink orange juice. I've checked the fridge multiple times, looked through all of the menu options, and cannot find the orange juice anywhere. How do I get the juice out of the fridge for my kiddos? I'm so confused about why the option isn't there even though it's supposed to be. Also, I've tried to cure my kid with medicine but, even though he is showing signs of illness, he doesn't have the sick buff right now. :/
  • Orange Juice is indeed under quick meals at the fridge. But I'm pretty sure there's a bug right now for some people where children can't get themselves quick meals. I don't know if it takes away the menu completely or if it's just something wonky with the options, but perhaps that's why you can't find it in the fridge anywhere?
    Lazzial
    New Spectator
    I believe orange juice is under quick meals and usually the illnesses require 2 doses of medicine. The buff doesn't always show.
  • There is an option for YA and older, maybe teens, not sure, to 'pick up serving' from meals in the fridge. I wonder if that option would work for your Sim's parent to get some orange juice for the child. They could then possibly 'give meal from inventory' which is another option, to the child? Of course that would only work if the quick meals are available to all other Sims other than children. Not sure if 'pick up serving' works for quick meals at all though. It might just be an option for already cooked platters of food stored in the fridge. I hope that quick meals bug is fixed soon.

Oh! Just had another thought. Do you have Outdoor Retreat? I think Sims can get orange juice from the coolers that came with that pack. Might try getting some from a restaurant too if you have the Dine Out pack. Also, if they have a teapot, the Green tea cures illnesses as well. It'll help keep them from getting sick if they drink a cup every day as well. Could probably get the Green tea from a restaurant too if you didn't want to get a teapot. If they have the itchy illness a bath soak of Honey and Oatmeal will cure that if you have the Spa Day pack. Just some ideas...
  • I use the medicine every time and have never had it take more than one dose!

I learned something new here... I totally thought medicine was the ONLY way to heal sick sims. Really neat there are others. I'm def gonna try some.

I have noticed that illnesses are contagious in the game which is pretty cool