Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Personality Overhaul? Lifestyle and Sentiments - Sims 4 Snowy Escape

So, according to the press release of The Sims 4 Snowy Escape, we're gonna get a new personality system, introducing Lifestyles and Sentiments:

"The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions."

How do you think it's going to work? I'm SUPER excited about this, considering personality is the biggest problem in Sims 4. Do you think this can make the game substantially better, or will just be another half-baked feature? I really hope it's not like the celebrity quirk system.

Edit:

"I would say maybe let's not be too critical now? Keep in mind they have already announced features with packs that were actually included in the base game, like the bill system overhaul, firefighters and ladders were announced with EL, the reputation system and terrain manipulation were announced with GF and lot traits were announced with CL. Maybe (and most likely) this feature WILL come to the base game.

I think the lifestyle feature might work kinda like hobbies in Sims 2. There will be some classes of activies (16 to be precise) like music activies, snow activities, food activities, crafting activites, nature activies and so on, and the more your sim does a certain type of activity, they will gain more "points" until this type of activity becomes their lifestyle, and they'll maybe have whims related to it, unlock new interactions and such.

The sentiment feature, I think should work kinda like in Sims 2 as well, where if two sims fight, they will be angry with each other for a reasonable amount of time, and won't do friendly interactions until they're over it. Likewise, if two sims do something very happy and remarkable together (like going on a honeymoon or climbing a mountain together) they'll have easier relationship gain and maybe some new interactions during that time.

I don't know. Hopefully I'm not dreaming too much."