Forum Discussion

83bienchen
Rising Novice
4 years ago

Petition: Farm Animals everywhere

When waiting for Cottage Living to release, I was planning on what to do with farm animals. I wanted to make a petting zoo, a vacation residential with a farm for those of my Sims living in the city, adding some chickens and a cow to the National Park in Granite Falls (kind of like in many Center Parks), spicing up my community gardens with them, adding a lama to the park in Oasis Springs, ...
I was sad when I discovered that we can only buy livestock on owned lots, but first thought they might not be working elsewhere.
Then I found out that they work flawlessly when enabled on other lots with just minimum changes to the game's tuning files.

So I beg you EA, please make these simple tuning changes with an update for Vanilla players to be able to enjoy the endless possibilities farming animals on any lot will offer.

Are you with me?
Pretty please and thanks in advance!

Technical info on how to change the tuning:
Spoiler
Simply remove the line

from the following tuning files:
purchasePickerInteraction_AnimalObjects_Chickens
purchasePickerInteraction_AnimalObjects_LivestockPen
sI_AnimalObjects_HarvestFrom_Llama
sI_AnimalObjects_HarvestFrom_Llama_Yellow
sI_AnimalObjects_HarvestFrom_Cow

Disclaimer:
I know there's a workaround for this by buying animals using an otherwise unplayed Sim, putting them in his/her inventory, bringing them to the lot and never touching that Sim again, but that is tedious and will also not allow for milking cows or getting wool from lamas.
There is no downside in enabling cows, lamas and chickens on any lot.
Players who do not want them will never have to use them.
It's hardly any work to change this.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,119 PostsLatest Activity: 5 minutes ago