Forum Discussion

Joanne_Snow
Rising Traveler
4 years ago

Petition Poll: restrict sims in Mt.Komorebi to residents & tourists

Since I don't know if others would want this, I made this petition a poll :D At least then the sims team knows if this is something many of us want or really just a handful.

I, personally, don't want to see Nancy Landgraab or worse yet my OWN sims strolling around Mt.Komorebi unless they a) live there or b) are staying at a rental there.

I have this sim for example who's supposed to go back to Mt. Komorebi to rediscover her ancestry, except ... her family keeps showing up there when I visit with other sims. Sort of breaks the whole "mother hasn't been back there in years" part of the story. I find this just as annoying as the random sims that came to the Magic Realms and suddenly all became spellcaster.

So petition: please Sims team, if enough people want this, can you use whatever Sulani magic you used, and restrict sims in Mt. Komorebi to:
- Komorebi residents
- Sims that could be from a surrounding village (name/ethnicity-wise)
- Sims staying at rentals
- Randomly created new sims

Please vote yes if you want this, no if you don't want this (feel free to explain why), don't care if you .. don't care :D
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    I would actually like this for ALL WORLDS, not just the new mount Komorebi. For Mt. Komorebi and Sulani it is more important because of the very cultural specific outfits that make less sense in other parts. But having windenburg residents casually going to the gym in oasis springs bugs me just as much.
  • We should in general get to set which Sims get to appear in which neighborhoods.

By default Sims would only be able to travel to the neighborhoods within their world, but upon opening the household, you could manually set which neighborhoods in which worlds are "places of interest" to that Sim, allowing them to visit these places when they aren't the played household.
  • After some play with this world I have to say... At least leave our playables alone. I do not mind NPC sims, but do not drag sims from actively played families.
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I definitely understand why people want it restricted. Seeing the same Sims everywhere gets tedious. I kind of feel like the game chooses the same six Sims over and over to show up wherever my households go. Mixing it up more would make more sense to me.

For me personally, I create tons and tons of Sims for the purpose of seeing them around when I play one of my households. I want to bump into my own Sims in strange places. I just don't want the game dressing them or giving them jobs that don't make sense. So if I take my Fairies to go sledding and hiking and playing in the snow, I'm okay with them bumping into my pirates or Elves or whoever so they can make connections on their own. I don't want to dictate who they can potentially meet, I want the game to throw those circumstances at me and leave it up to chance.

I think maybe my play style might be a little different from the average Simmer, though. :s
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "ldmarko;c-17724156" wrote:
    Maybe add some kind of limited access option for players to choose which, or how many sims can be in each neighborhood? I personally love how busy & active the ski area is, and wish more of my non-resident sims would show up in Sulani (but not that many more). But I can see what you're saying. I want Forgotten Hollow to be a quiet, isolated place, but it's hard to get that vibe when random sims keep strolling through. (I haven't played that town in a while, so I don't know if it's still like that)

A toggle like that would be really neat for each world (maybe two, one to select how 'busy' you want it to be and one to restrict to residents vs. all world). I mean I want Mt. Komorebi to be busy and lively too, just preferably with sims from that area, not from Windenburg :D
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "calaprfy;c-17724193" wrote:
    I got ripped on by a fellow simmer when I said I was unhappy about Nancy Landgraab strolling through the world during the livestream.

Glad to see I'm not alone on this.

Definitely not :) we each have different needs. For me I love that we can travel easily to all worlds vs TS3 (and even 2 because it takes forever to load xD), but it's immersion breaking if worlds as different as the warmest beach and the highest, coldest mountain top seem but a stone's throw away from each other.
  • On top of the above, we could set in the game settings which is used as the default – all worlds, or home world only.
  • At least they could wear their alleged winter clothes. Prancing around in normal wear looks dumb.
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "Harukotyan;c-17727798" wrote:
    After some play with this world I have to say... At least leave our playables alone. I do not mind NPC sims, but do not drag sims from actively played families.

Honestly yes this would at least be something! Cause I'd like to tell my own stories with these sims :/

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,035 PostsLatest Activity: 10 minutes ago