Forum Discussion

5 years ago

PlayStation vs PC?

Is playing Sims 4 on playstation better then computer?
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "julienrob2004;c-17353803" wrote:
    The playstation cannot match up to the power of the average computer and so it is a stripped down version of the pc version

I do not have the PS4 version but I have the Xbox One version and in some aspects it plays the same except for exclusion of some features. I would play on the console as well as the PC but it has yet to support kb and mouse and I hate using the controller as it is not as precise as the kb and mouse.
  • "So_Money;c-17353861" wrote:
    Does the console version have 1:1 control over sims’ movement? Like, when I move the stick, does the sim move accordingly? Or is there still a cursor that I have to move around?

The past console games like The Sims 2 Pets on PS2 that I had as a kid had control like this (the game called it direct control, where you move your Sims with the analogue stick and interact with things with X) but then you could switch to a cursor mode like the PC version as well at any time if you wanted. The Sims 4 on console doesn't have any form of direct control, just the cursor mode, and it feels really clunky (that might just because I play mostly on PC, but most of the reviews for the console version mention awkward controls).
  • I haven't tried any of the Sims games on a console, so I wouldn't know, but unless you can plug a mouse into it (I don't even know if that is possible. Is it?), I can only imagine how awkward the controls would be.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "MidnightAura;c-17354344" wrote:
    "Goldmoldar;c-17353922" wrote:
    "julienrob2004;c-17353803" wrote:
    The playstation cannot match up to the power of the average computer and so it is a stripped down version of the pc version

I do not have the PS4 version but I have the Xbox One version and in some aspects it plays the same except for exclusion of some features. I would play on the console as well as the PC but it has yet to support kb and mouse and I hate using the controller as it is not as precise as the kb and mouse.

X box has keyboard and mouse support too.

Thanks for the update as I had not played the Xbox for months and I did hear that there was an update coming with kb and mouse support. :)
  • I honestly think they did a fantastic job porting the game over to PS4.
  • "Goldmoldar;c-17353800" wrote:
    The PC is better unless one has an potato for an computer. :D :D

Forgive me, but that remark had me in stitches.
  • "Bonjourwoman;d-970680" wrote:

no
    playing it is absolutely the same as PC
    Its the same game, different hardware,same packs,updates,

• "marcel21;c-17365942" wrote:
    "Bonjourwoman;d-970680" wrote:

no

It’s not absolutely the same. The controls are vastly different (inferior) on console, performance is better on PC, and of course there are mods on PC.
  • "So_Money;c-17365948" wrote:
    "marcel21;c-17365942" wrote:

no

It’s not absolutely the same. The controls are vastly different (inferior) on console, performance is better on PC, and of course there are mods on PC.

"marcel21;c-17365956" wrote:
    "So_Money;c-17365948" wrote:
    "marcel21;c-17365942" wrote:

no

I mean the game is on console, mods and the controls are different
    absence of mods/CC
    and using a joypad
    after that I see no different.
    even riddled at times with the same base game and pack bugs
    I play on a ps4 pro, other than bug issues, runs well

create a sim
    build mode
    buy mode
    packs and base game
    the official content, patches, game play, even bugs

are the same as pc