Forum Discussion

neylajc
Seasoned Newcomer
6 years ago

Possible Mermaid Powers & More? Lets speculate

It was hinted at that mermaids will have some sort of abilities. I think I saw a photo of one talking to a dolphin, but I hope there's more, such as water-based magic. Maybe mermaids can manipulate waves or weather to a small degree?

How cool would it be if there was a hidden underwater grotto for mermaids similar to the lot for Aliens, Sixam?
  • "MasonGamer;c-17103006" wrote:
    "Jordan061102;c-17102183" wrote:
    They won't be able to drown.

but maybe they'll die on land. they maybe half human but for how long can they survive when they're out of water for too long.

They have a hydration bar, but I don’t know what would happen if that bar runs out... I’m going to guess drying out? Like in Sims 3?
  • "Sigzy05;c-17099688" wrote:
    "nerdfashion;c-17099682" wrote:
    I just want the toddlers, children, and babies to have tails. It's all I want Maxis :tired_face:

They better make mermaid toddlers have tails in the kiddie pools that came with Seasons.

I saw a post from a CC maker who played the game at I Play and she says kids down do not get the tail - only teens up.
  • Could their food choices be limited to like kelp and etc like it was for mermaids in the sims 3. If there's a skill tree of sorts there could be a weakness or something you pick that limits them to that maybe?
  • I reallllyyy hope they have the same “power” system as vampires and celebrities.
  • hair is really pretty but my only complaint is that there isn't even one with like bangs on it so rest in peace my bang loving sim
  • "catloverplayer;c-17105546" wrote:
    Still no word yet on if mermaids get their tails when they go in swimming pools and hottubs.

I'd assume so, If they do in bathtubs.
    My question is what happens when it rains and they get soaked.
    neylajc
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "catloverplayer;c-17105546" wrote:
    Still no word yet on if mermaids get their tails when they go in swimming pools and hottubs.

A video showeed that they do in bathtubs and pools because they're submerged in water. However, in the shower they keep their legs because they're standing