Forum Discussion

atreya33
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Question about redesigning the magical headquarters

I have seen a few redesigns of the magical headquarters by now and I am willing to give it a try myself. When the first info about the pack was released in tweets, the guru's mentioned that we can only edit this lot with a cheat because it contains coding for the sages. My question is : do we know what is coded into this lot that we need. Can I redesign everything I want or are there certain areas I should keep? How far can we go in changing the layout of the rooms without affecting the programming needed for the gameplay? Have the guru's shared any details on this issue?
  • "Kita5399;c-17255096" wrote:
    "SimQueenie9;c-17255053" wrote:
    "telemwill;c-17255051" wrote:
    I don't know about the coding, but the cheat for building is bb.enablefreebuild.

And you enter that in Manage Worlds?

No, you enter that while on the lot. The coding is just to keep the sages in their chosen rooms/areas, if you edit it too much it will just cause them to wander around more.

Any idea what area is for each sage?
  • I think the coding tethers the sages to a specific area rather than being tethered or a specific object or objects

I like that my they wander the whole cathedral.
    It seems they do gravitate to the nearest magical object which is weird.

• I really wish the sages were tied to something more specific like their original cauldrons.

I've rebuilt the lot into a school and I wanted them to each be assigned to a classroom so I tried saving the og cauldrons and rugs and place them back, but no they're constantly hanging out in the library with the "students".
    I tried saving the entire rooms, same result.
    I didn't want to add more bookshelves because no one ever puts books away, but I guess I have to, so not everyone lives in that room 24/7.
    At least the library is the furthest from the door so they should stop by a few classrooms before heading there.

Having the sages each have their own area was a cool idea. Making it only possible in the default ugly build is too restrictive.
    People who manage to modify HQ instead of rebuilding from scratch are heroes, I didn't have the patience.
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Atreya33;c-17255735" wrote:
    OK. Then I will keep the layout around those cauldrons and just see what happens. And if all that happens are wandering sages then I can live with it.

I downloaded a Magical HQ from the Gallery by Louloukiie on the Gallery.

First time I tested a lot that needed the MOO-cheat to work. You can get some really well-decorated lots with that.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/7cbd07f8c4b3a00f0f28143798cd6665/tumblr_pynokosLQp1ytk708o1_540.png

Here Morgyn has wandered off to pet the cowplant in the lower left.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c11f2bec13cf782a63d64fa5de48913a/tumblr_pynokosLQp1ytk708o2_540.png
    The practal sage went by the bedrooms and sat down a bit by himself. No pesky students there.

In my experience everyone wanders around the lot and interacts with the things there. At least the cowplant and beebox so far. Thank lama for talented builders who let us use their builds from the Gallery. I tried this out in a sidesave and changed a few minute things before I took it over to my mainsave and it really made going to the Realm that much better.

Just in case anyone need the build-cheats:
    testingcheats true

bb.enablefreebuild

bb.moveobjects on