Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
2 years ago

Regarding the Tree House...

Have any of you experienced this? I had my Sim purchase the 'kit' to build a tree house. Father and son worked on it after the Child's homework was complete. When the Mom Sim came out to check on the fellas, she mentioned they had been at it for quite some time, that the Child had school the next morning. I saved my game and exited leaving the tree house in this state:

https://i.imgur.com/73poxYQ.jpg

The next day when I powered up my game I was surprised to find the tree house complete. (Never mind the decorations, I thought I had taken a picture of what I first found but had to settle for the one I took later on.)

https://i.imgur.com/i6jaaTQ.jpg

The point being it was complete without the help of my Sims! :open_mouth:

I was just wondering has this happened to anyone else or do I have Poltergeist or something equally disturbing? LOL
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Veteran
    Wow, that's so cool. B) I always have to have my sims build the Treehouse. Also, if my household doesn't have a teen or child I just make a mini-sim of my previous sim or down age to teen of my sim to decorate the Treehouse. ;)
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I had that happen too, one one particular lot in Henford-on-Bagley. 3 Olde Mill Lane lot in Old New Henford neighborhood. For some reason, when a stage is done (treehouse built, slide added etc), it won't update visually until I go through a loading screen. It does just fine on other lots, but on that particular lot, it has issues.

Looking at the background, you are in somewhere in Henford-on-Bagley, right?
  • Wow. I had intended for Erik and Jamison to work on it the very next day too. So much for the Father and Son bonding thing, you know? Got cut short and I don't understand how or why. :open_mouth: I suppose, if I really wanted to, I could delete it and have them start all over again. Only, perhaps, have them work on it until it's complete?
  • "SheriSim57;c-18270298" wrote:
    Maybe it takes a few minutes to update the visual.

You may be onto something. A large part of me thinks you've solved this mystery. My poor internet is so dang slow, the company wants us to set an appointment so they can troubleshoot. I find myself sitting, waiting on my Sims to do something. When we were off on a mini-vacation weekend, laptop was faster than it is at home. In two different locations, too. It's not my laptop, that much is certain. Yay.
  • "EgonVM;c-18270334" wrote:
    I had that happen too, one one particular lot in Henford-on-Bagley. 3 Olde Mill Lane lot in Old New Henford neighborhood. For some reason, when a stage is done (treehouse built, slide added etc), it won't update visually until I go through a loading screen. It does just fine on other lots, but on that particular lot, it has issues.

Looking at the background, you are in somewhere in Henford-on-Bagley, right?

Yes. Erik lives on the top of the hill, Old New Henford. His brothers and sister live down the hill. One on the normally empty lot (50 X50) and the other two on 2 Olde Mill Lane.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,102 PostsLatest Activity: 23 hours ago